Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Super October 2019 Ontario

Lets hear those proposal stories!

Katelyn, on November 16, 2018 at 13:18 Posted in Before the wedding 0 36
I wanna hear those beautiful or not so graceful proposal stories. Was a surprise? Did you see it coming?
My FH had taken me into jewlery stores to try stuff on so he could see if it was the right one first hand and to make sure I liked it. But I had no idea which ring he picked (I had a couple I really loved) and I had no idea when he was going to propose. Jump forward a month and a half we were planning a thanksgiving dinner with friends and neighbors. It was my first time cooking a turkey and feeding so many people. When I put dinner on the table he made a little speech. "You've completely outdone yourself this looks amazing and I know you are going to make an amazing mother some day. Not only do I think you're going to be an amazing mother but I know you will be a wonderful wife." He got down on one knee in front of everyone. I was so surprised I couldn't stop crying. I really didn't see it coming Smiley xd

36 Comments

Latest activity by Katelyn, on November 18, 2018 at 19:16
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow thats fantastic!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love how private and intimate that is!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love the picture! So beautiful.
  • Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So mine is really romantic. I bet no one can top it! I was living 5 hours away from my now hubby and we were texting and i said well why don't we get married and he texted back okay!. One week later we eloped. :p

Now fast forward 8.5 years later I wanted to get a bigger ring when we went down south. I but it in the safe when we went to the bahamas and he snuck it out and proposed to me on the beach.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey they always said get you a man that treats you like a princess Smiley winking
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this story! :')
  • Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé proposed to me where my parents got married. It was at a beautiful gazebo down by the water. There was no one around except us. It was a such a beautiful moment.
  • Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip down to the proposal story! https://howheasked.com/alessia-and-marco/ Smiley heart

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats so sweet! I love that.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing. Lovely story!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a wonderful story!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could be! It's a fairly large beach!!

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was in South Beach so maybe I was in the same spot as the pic!!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Hyatt in South Beach! We got engaged at Lummus Park.

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where bouts in Miami? I was there in February for a cruise and i was staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and that scene kinda looks like where i have some pictures! Congratulations

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had been together over 7.5 years, and I knew it was coming. We had talked rings in January, and were planning a big vacation in May, so I just knew it would happen on the trip. Looking back, we laugh at how everything my Fiancé had planned for the proposal went wrong. We were staying in Anaheim, CA and were driving down to San Diego for the day to go to the zoo. I woke up that morning and knew it was going to happen that day. I don’t know how, but I knew. It was the longest day EVER. His original plan was the get to San Diego early and to pop the question before our zoo day began. Then we hit traffic and ended up in a rush so that didn’t happen. Then he was going to do it at the zoo, but he knew that a big public proposal was not what I wanted, so he waited. We were going to go to a beach after the zoo just so we could stick our feet in the ocean, but we ended up at the zoo way later than we had planned, so that didn’t happen. At this point we decided to just drive back to Anaheim and have a quiet evening together before going to Disneyland the next day, but once we were on the road, my Fiancé INSISTED we go to the beach, even tho it was 40 minutes out of our way in each direction. The whole drive to the beach I was freaking out because I knew what was coming. We made it to Huntington Beach just as the sun had set, and we walked along the beach, just the two of us. My FH asked me what my favourite part of the zoo was, and if I had enjoyed the day. He then asked me to give the day a rating out of 10. Of course I said the day was 10/10, and he says “Well do you think we should make it an 11?” and I turn around and he’s on one knee. I don’t remember what he said. I was jumping up and down, laughing and crying like a fool until he finally just stuck the ring on my finger. It was such an authentic, real moment and I wouldn’t change it for the world. After we got engaged, we got to spend the next week and a half in Disneyland, beginning our “Happily Ever After”
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love all these stories! Smiley cry Smiley heart Ugly crying right now lol!

My FH and I have been dating for 2 years at the time and we went on vacation with some friends. We were leaving on a cruise ship from Fort Lauderdale on the Saturday, but we all went down to Miami Beach a few days beforehand. My parents and my "honourary" parents had a bet going that he would propose on the trip. I felt like he might too, but towards the end of the trip - if not, I might have proposed to him, even though I didn't have a plan in place lol.

The day we arrived in Florida, I was waiting for our luggage at the airport and my FH told me he had to go to the washroom. What I didn't know was that he called my parents to say he was going to propose that night and asked if he had their blessing. My parents were already badgering him to ask me apparently, and gave their full support. They were so happy that it was finally happening! Our friends picked us up and off we went!

After getting settled at the hotel and grabbing a late lunch, the six of us (my FH, me and our 4 friends) went down to the beach to hang out, tan and swim. Around 6 o'clock, we all went for a walk up the beach and my FH asks one of our friends if he could take our picture by some palm trees, since he knew I loved them. After a few shots, my FH wanted to get one more photo, which to me was a little strange but I went with it. I posed while he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I screamed and cried for a good five minutes before actually saying yes! I also tackled him on the beach during the proposal lol.

Photo of us after I accepted his proposal:

Lets hear those proposal stories! 1

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so sweet! I love the little speech your FH did!

Mine surprised me with a spontaneous trip to Mexico last year claiming that he was "stressed" and needed this mini vacation. I was reluctant to go (time off work, money, etc.) but I did and was floored! The resort we went to was incredible and Mexico was so great! It was our last night there and we were taking in the last bit of our trip before we had to start packing to come home when he got down on one knee and just asked me. It was totally unexpected (after almost 8 years at the time!) and really lovely.

• Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'd been together for 2.5 years and had planned a nice labor weekend trip to the thousand islands in ontario. We drove over and stayed in an airbnb. It was amaazing!! It was a boathouse converted into a guesthouse, that was directly on the water. It was private, quiet, full of wild life, and a great place to watch the sun rise. The day we arrived we stayed in and cooked dinner together. Then we went outside to sit on the deck and enjoy the water view. I had a feeling it may happen but i kept trying to tell myself to not expect anything, so as to not be disappointed if he didn't do it. But he did!!! He asked if i was ready for an adventure, to which i replied pff of course, always! He then took out a letter, and read how he was so excited to finally ask me, and all the reasons he loved me, and at what moments in our relationship he knew i was the one. I cried like crazy, he teared up. Which was big for me to see, as he never get's emotional.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where to start? lol

My fiancé and I have only been dating a few months but, as they say, when you know, you know.

At the end of September, High River, Alberta (where we both live) hosts a hot air balloon festival and he has crewed for a pilot for the past couple of years. He had arranged a hot air balloon ride where he had planned on proposing, but Mother Nature had other ideas...which is a good thing because hot air ballooning is his thing, not mine. (I kind of had a gut feeling he was planning on proposing because he was so pushy about it, so I'm glad we got weathered out.)

We had already planned on heading to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake the following week. He splurged for a hotel room the Tuesday night with our trip to Moraine planned for Wednesday. We both love it there and our first getaway together was to Moraine. Well, Mother Nature walloped our area with a snow storm that ended up shutting down the highway...and the road to Moraine for the rest of the season.

He wasn't about to wait until next May to propose at Moraine, so we decided to go for a drive to another favourite spot in Blue Rock Provincial Park on the Wednesday we would have been at Moraine. Well, the road to Sheep River Falls and Junction Creek wasn't plowed. So, we turned around and made a pit stop at a day use/campground area.

After standing at a lookout over the Sheep river, we started walking back to the car. He was walking behind me in a tire track in the snow and, as I often do, I put my hand behind me so he could hold it.

He put a key in it.

I thought the key was on one of those retractable key rings...so I turned around to ask him why the heck he couldn't hold my hand and gave me his keys to hold onto instead. He was on one knee in the snow. The key I was holding was the key to his house and was attached to a ribbon. At the other end of the ribbon was the ring he was holding.

Here's hoping Mother Nature is kind to us on our wedding day!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay, I am loving these stories Smiley cry

Me and my fiance had been dating for almost 2 years, when one morning he looked at me and said "We're getting married, right?" And I was like, "yeah, obviously." Maybe not super glamorous, but it was weirdly romantic. I count that as the original proposal, although of course, we had a more traditional, surprise proposal with him on one knee and both of us crying.

That one was fun, too, even though I knew it was coming (just not when, where, or how). We went ring shopping together a few times, but we couldn't come to an agreement - he wanted a solitaire, I wanted something with a vintage feel - so I thought we had a few more weeks of looking left. Long story short, he goes off to visit his grandparents for 3 weeks, comes back, and about a week later, he took me to the Toronto Music Gardens at the harbourfront. We walked around a bit, he was so quiet and on edge I thought we were about to have a Serious Talk... then he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. We both cried, and then called our families to tell them.

The only thing I wish I could change: in all of the excitement, we didn't even take a picture!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow really beautiful! Unforgettable I would say Smiley smile
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We spent our 6th anniversary in Canmore, rented a room for the weekend. We had planned on going to this lodge in Kananaskis for a spin on high tea with tapas/charcuterie. The morning of, I felt terribly hungover from the night before (we had a blast at the hotel bar). So my FH went out to grab advils and a vitamin water, and told me to sleep it off because we weren't gonna skip on tapas!

So we drove up after breakfast, and on our way there we stopped by the lake to soak up the views and check out someone who was kite surfing on the frozen lake! I was taking a bunch of pictures and when I turned around to show my FH, he was on bended knee with the ring box in his hands!

Since we were in the middle of the mountains, we didn't have any cell reception. It felt amazing to celebrate and enjoy that moment just the two of us for the time we were at the lodge.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The cutest proposal reaction!! I love it!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that is so lovely. ❤
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So wonderful! I wanted to upload my video but I cant figure out how. So I took screenshots.

Lets hear those proposal stories! 2

Lets hear those proposal stories! 3

Lets hear those proposal stories! 4
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also had a thanksgiving proposal!

My Fiance originally planned a big dinner with our friends to surprise me, but I'm really hard to surprise and I'd know as soon as we walked in.

So this Thanksgiving, we were at my mom's house just finishing dinner and he casually suggested we all go around the room and say what we were thankful for. My sister started, and then I said who and what I was thankful for, and then he began talking about how thankful he was for me and my family... and got into this long speech and about all the times we've been through and how thankful he was for me. So I obviously teared up because what he said was so nice, and then he just came over and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. When I said yes, he hugged me and said that he knew I'd want my dad to be here... my dad passed away two years ago and my mom keeps a memorial for him at home. That started the waterworks, and he couldn't be more right. It wasn't fancy or at a pricey restaurant but it was the best way he could have asked, and it was perfect for me.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are the best ones! His sister has all these pictures leading up to it but these are my fav!

Lets hear those proposal stories! 5

Lets hear those proposal stories! 6

Lets hear those proposal stories! 7
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg please please please let us see the pictures! I will post the short video someone took of mine. Its messy and ugly but I love it!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These stories are literally giving me goosebumps!

My Fiance proposed in Cuba earlier this year. I had always told family and friends I would get engaged or married on a beach somewhere warm.

It was the first full day and we were all hanging out on the beach (the 2 of us, his sister and her husband, and a friend and her couple). We had all agreed that we were going to stay on the beach to watch the sunset and take a walk down the beach. He went back to the room to put away the beach towels etc and came back with his bag and a water bottle that we were collecting shells in.

All of us started walking down the beach together, picking up shells etc. Then all of a sudden everyone started drifting further behind and I thought nothing of it ( He is a super fast walker so I find myself constantly walking fast to keep up with him). Once we got far enough down the beach away from everyone he took my hat and sunglasses off and started fidgeting with the little bag he was carrying and pulled out a box and got down on one knee.

His sister and her friend were behind us taking videos and pictures so we have some amazing memories from that moment!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow. You made me tear up holy cow! So beautiful. ❤❤❤
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You go girl! My FH is 27 and I'm 23 age is just a number. Love the bracelet idea. Mine would never wear one. Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics