Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted November 2018 Ontario

Let's get real...who is going to help you pee?

Emily, on April 3, 2018 at 08:37 Posted in Wedding reception 0 27
I may be the only one getting anxiety about this, but many of us have huge and heavy wedding dresses that our impossible to operate on our own. I pee a lot when I get nervous (tmi Emily gosh!) So I imagine this will be a problem for me on my wedding day. I honestly would only feel comfortable with having my groom helping me pee, but I'm worried about how that will look to guests since we haven't lived together before, and have very religious friends and family (ourselves included).

Who do you plan of trusting with your toilet trips? Maid of honour, mother, groom?? Let me know Smiley smile Thanks ladies!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 17, 2018 at 09:49
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I had thought of this leading up to my wedding as well and it ended up not being a problem because I was so distracted by everything and busy that I peed before the ceremony and then didn't go to the bathroom again for almost 8 hours lol. At that point I changed into sweatpants and could easily do it on my own. I would have trusted any of my friends and my mum to help out.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was my worry! My dress is a tight mermaid and I was worried about hiking it up or taking it off to use the washroom... all of my bridesmaids I would trust with helping me! I was even debating vetoing wearing underwear to make it easier than having someone try to find and pull down underwear haha!

I think taking off and stepping out will likely be the better option tho!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I picked a dress I could pee in by myself. I even get a bride's bathroom just for me at my venue - But I highly suspect I will have my bridesmaids following me in the bathroom just for girl chat as weird as that sounds. Haha

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Bridesmaids have offered Smiley smile They told me is their job haha

I don't think my groom would help me, even if I asked him to...

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh. Anyone and everyone. Hahha
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking my mom or one of my bridesmaids. Most likely my mom though lol
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Defiantly post a picture when it arrives in the mail. Interested in seeing if it’s worth buying. (Obviously not s picture like he one above tho Smiley xd )
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m comfortable having any of my bridesmaids helping me out with that!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought a bridal buddy. Not me in the pick but you get the idea. I bought it off Wish.com for $13-$15 it should arrive today or tomorrow so I'm not 100% if it will work yet but it should.

• Heather
    Frequent user May 2018 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was on my mind just last night, I'm thinking of using my groom as my bathroom attendant as well!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My maid of honour will be helping me! She's my sister, so it's the easiest pick haha!! My dress is sheer with booty shorts under it so I will need to step out of it when I go to pee, so I'l need her to zip me out and back up each time!!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a similar but slightly different problem, lol. Rather than a big heavy dress I had a tight mermaid dress, so my maids had to get me completely undone from my dress so I could step out of it and run around in my underwear whenever I needed to use the restroom. It was pretty darn hilarious actually.

Emily, if you feel most comfortable with your FH helping you then go for it! The vast majority of your guests will have no idea, even if the restroom you'll use isn't super secluded from where the guests will be. Your comfort is far more important than how it'll look.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I came across the Bridal Buddy a little while ago.

https://bridalbuddy.com/pages/about-us

Seems like it’s a pretty good idea, I’m likely going to rely on this because I really don’t want people helping me in the bathroom.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll probably get my best friend and/or my mom. I don't plan on getting a huge dress, but I can see how that much fabric could get intimidating or complicated haha.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had my MOH and my bridesmaids help me when needed. It was something I was super uncomfortable about at first, and brought my MOH with me because we have been friends for a very long time, but eventually I had to go so many times, that I didn't care anymore. There is literally nothing to see, since it is all dress anyway. Sometimes the girls turned on the hand dryer to make it less weird lol.

I say whoever you are most comfortable with, can help, whether that is your groom, MOH, or mom.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are most comfortable with your groom then go for it! Youll be married anyway!

I fortuneately have a tea length dress that i shouldnt need any help.... But if i do im not picky. I played on a womens rugby team for many years and let me tell ya. Group showers with 20 muddy women after the game really desensitizes you. Lol. So id probably feel comfortable asking anyone in the wedding party or just any one of my friends haha.
  • J
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Joline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most likely my mom
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a tea length dress so I don't think I'll have this issue thankfully. But if I do end up needing a little bit of assistance then I'll either be asking my then husband or MOH.
    If you only feel comfortable with him helping then forget what others think, your going to be married at that time so it is completely fine and appropriate! So go for it!
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I'll get my moh which is my sister or my fh to help me. But i haven't bought my dress So I'll probably keep this in mind when picking a dress.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be able to pee on my own in my dress. It was something I actually thought about when purchasing my dress hahah.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

More likely any of my bridesmaids, I am the type of person who can't pee with anyone in the room so it will be a struggle alone and I have smallest bladder of life so going to try to not drink much at all until the dinner time. I know anyone on my wedding party side would help me and I would be comfortable with any of them as well.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH and if need be one of my bridesmaids. Funny story, when I asked my MOH to be in the wedding she instantly googled duties and the first list she found had "help the bride pee" on it so she turned to me and with a big smile on her face (cause she was so excited about being in the wedding) was like "I get to help you pee all night!" Lol 😂
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you feel most comfortable with your groom helping, then so be it! I’m assuming he’s comfortable too?

My sister/MOH will be helping me, BUT I’m so comfortable with most of my close girlfriends that any of them or my mom or aunt could easily help me and I’d be comfortable (or my FH too but I know he wouldn’t want to help out there lol).
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister is my MOH, so it will be her. We are only a year apart, so the bathroom was shared for most of our young lives Smiley xd Smiley tongue no embarrassment there.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom and my MOH! Although, I actually feel like the most helpful that person that day will likely end up being my daughter who is 8! lol

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Mom and my sisters! If I didn’t have sisters, then my MOH. I wouldn’t mind helping a friend in the same situation, so take comfort in knowing that your friends likely won’t mind either Smiley smile
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m probably going to rely on my mom because I have bridesmen, so I really can’t ask them to help. I never thought of the groom though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics