Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Let’s talk hair extensions

Sarah, on October 20, 2019 at 21:07 Posted in Beauty 3 18
I have very fine hair and no matter how hard I try I can’t get it to grow as long as I would like before the wedding.My hair is actually the longest it’s been in years at the moment so that’s awesome 👍🏻 I need to hear everyone’s thoughts on hair extensions.Which brand do you suggest for long wear,human hair no synthetic as I will be heat styling often.Do you suggest clip ins?Again I have very fine hair and I’m not a super girly girl so getting clip ins perfect happens maybe 3 out of 10 times lol.Are tape in extensions really that much better?How long will the extension last if taken care of?I know I’m looking at 6-8 week maintenance but are there any that can last at least a year?Any advice is greatly appreciated.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Valen, on February 20, 2024 at 07:05
  • V
    Newbie January 2024 Western Australia
    Valen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off, congrats on the hair growth milestone, that's awesome! So, let's chat about hair extensions. I totally get the struggle with fine hair—I've been there! Personally, I've tried a few brands, and Bellami and Luxy Hair have been solid choices for me. Clip-ins can be a bit tricky, especially if you're not super girly (I feel you on that!). Tape-ins might be a better bet for a more seamless look, especially for fine hair like ours. Plus, they tend to last longer with proper care. Maintenance can be a bit of a hassle, but if it means rocking fabulous hair for your wedding, it's worth it, right? And hey, I came across some info about too much protein in hair that might help you out.
  • Y
    Newbie July 2026 Missouri
    Yann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

An interesting topic. I recently cut my hair, and I don't really like it; my cheeks look way too chubby with short hair. So, I thought of hair extensions.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user April 2020 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just got some put in, I went with micro-weft extensions because they aren't as damaging to the hair, relatively low maintenance, it's all real hair and if taken care of with regular tightening (6-8wks) than they can stay in for up to a year. If they shed a lot I will likely have to add a row before the wedding but they should last about 6-7months before needing to get more hair. I got 16' and it goes down to about my boobs

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much I will definitely check out the biotin.I recently purchased a shampoo and conditioner called hair food and my hair has never been so thick or healthy.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a few tips if you're open to them, but they aren't for extensions. Just stronger healthier hair in general. Will help give your extensions something strong to hold onto Smiley smile

-Biotine: my grandma started taking these supplements 3 months ago and her hair is already so much healthier and stronger, so now I've been taking the 10 000 capsule to try to help my hair. (Bad relationship 3 years ago, so stressful I lost a lot of hair and it thinned out by about half). Its only been 1 month of taking it but I feel like my hair is getting stronger.
    -keratin treatments: I bought a keratin shampoo and the pot of keratin treatment at winners/Marshall's (less than $30 all in) used it 3 times now and my hair is feeling sooo silky smooth and stronger too. I use it like a normal shampoo & conditioner but just once a week. And it's colour safe! I'm realllly cautious about the shampoos I use and it's been great so far!
    -castor oil: I use it for my eyelashes, eyebrows and all over my scalp (especially the hairline where it's most visible). I put it on before bed and shower it all off the next day, lots of baby hairs coming in!
    Hope this helps! 😁
    Let’s talk hair extensions 1Let’s talk hair extensions 2Let’s talk hair extensions 3
  • Kristi
    Curious June 2020 Quebec
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome 👏
    You can do the Bombay keratin tip but 20 inches is really long maybe go with the 16 inches instead. The hairdresser charges more for longer so tell her you want shorter that way you save $.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m wanting flowing curls so nothing too complicated lol my hair dresser is saying to get Bombay hair extensions in a 20inch length and that seems waaay too long for me lol 😂
  • Kristi
    Curious June 2020 Quebec
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi.

I have tried all the EXTENSIONS that exist.

*the glued in ones

*sowing them in

*tape extension

*microbeads

*keratin fusion

You have no choice to get real Remy human hair if you get synthetic it will melt with iron and will look fake and shiny like barbie's hair.

Do you have an idea what hairstyle you want on your big day?

The best top of the line brand is (Great Lengths) https://www.greatlengths.net/en/

They are little hair strands that the hairdresser melts the keratin bond on your REAL hair.

Looking at your hair you will only need to fill the bottom part to make your hair look fuller no need to go to long.

you can leave them in for 3 months and get them removed by your hairdresser, doesn't damage like the other types of extensions in my opinion.

hope that helps

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the tip
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine from Sally Beauty Supply. They're clip-ins. I have fine hair too (although a lot of it). My tips are back comb, hairspray, clip. Start with the middle clip (if there is one) and get that first, then you can pull the other clips tight on either side.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL!! you have to get them on the bottom layer of your hair so they dont show. maybe your FH can help?

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was going to do clip ins but I want beautiful hair for the honeymoon as well and I can’t ever get the clip ins hidden on my own lol
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do human hair clip ins! thats what my cousins all did they were great and stayed all night!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Sarah! The lady who I see for my hair got them. I will send you a message with her contact information as she would be able to answer your question.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow your hair looks amazing!!Where did you find the extensions?
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let’s talk hair extensions 4Hair with tape in extensions
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also have thin hair. I didn't use extensions for length (my hair actually grew a ton) but instead for fullness. I used tape in extensions with real hair. They were great! The best part was they were very simple to remove.
    Let’s talk hair extensions 5
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let’s talk hair extensions 6 Pic to show how thin my hair is

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics