Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Germaine
Newbie October 2023 Ontario

Late October - Outdoor Ceremony

Germaine, on July 8, 2022 at 21:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hi everyone! Fall 2023 bride here👋🍁. We've chosen a venue in Southern Ontario that holds their ceremony outdoors surrounded by beautiful trees for the fall colors. Our date is October 27. I'm a bit worried about the weather/temperature for late October. Has anybody done an outdoor ceremony/attended a wedding in late October? How was it?

6 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on July 14, 2022 at 18:44
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Germaine, we are getting married a week before you. All of the venues we toured but one offered an alternative area of the venue incase of inclimate weather
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Germaine,
    I had my wedding October 16 last year.
    We had a beautiful venue with outside ceremony option, which is what we were going for. Unfortunately, it rained that day. So we had to keep the ceremony inside where the reception was being kept. So the tables were already set for dinner and the area was created as an aisle, I did not go in for decorating the day of — only my bridal crew did (they didn’t want me to go). But it turned out beautiful. Not what I wanted/hoped for, but it was still beautiful.
    Maybe make a plan B for possibility of rain — to get the tent on the side incase. Maybe the venue would have an idea for possible tent option.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Make sure your venue has a back up plan, for example I'm getting married September 30, 2023, and our venue has an indoor option or tent with heaters just in case it's a chilly night. We do live in Canada so be prepared to wear your flips flop in the day winter jacket at night, you just simply do not know what fall will bring you, just double check with your venue for a back up plan.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your ceremony is early, like around noon hour, it may be doable. But if you're aiming for a ceremony right before your dinner reception, like around 4pm or later, you'll need to let your guests know to dress accordingly, especially the elderly. Regardless, you'll want an indoor backup because there's a high chance of rain during that time of year.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Welcome to wedding wire. So you have a backup indoor space? I don't think I'd be comfortable planning an outdoor wedding that late in the year without one. The odds are pretty good the weather will be great but you may deal with snow or rain. I know last year Halloween was perfect weather. You just never know.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Germaine! Welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on the engagement!

A fall wedding sounds beautiful! The fall colors are gorgeous that time of year!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics