Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Beginner June 2022 Quebec

Last Month Stress

Vanessa, on May 23, 2022 at 17:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi everyone! My wedding is in less than 3 weeks (june 11th). And the stress is real. Any advice on handling stress with the date so close? I didnt expect to have so many little things left to do. Feels like I'll be in wedding planning mode til the morning of! Anybody can relate?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Tiana, on May 26, 2022 at 17:08
  • Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hundred percent feeling it too! It helps to have one or two wedding days where you just tackle as much as you can on your list. We also arranged our list into "contact people", "things to buy", "things to do", "tasks to assign", etc. so we can knock similar things off in one go and not get overwhelmed!
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Slowly feeling some stress!! We have to get some of the food items still since my uncle is cooking all the food! Otherwise most of it is ready to go!! I also have to work on my speech LOL
    How about you?
  • Luisa
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Luisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think going for walk
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Any supplies I needed picked up, if things needed organizing, I was going to get my MIL in to order our midnight lunch food but we ended up going to the restaurant for a different reason so I ordered it myself.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh heyy twin! How are you feeling with the big day ahead. Any things left on your list?

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love the idea of lists by priorities. Thank you for sharing! What kind of tasks are you delegating? Im having a hard time with that just because its things like have a final chat with my vendors, finish my dance choreography, etc.

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Hank. For sure, managing expectations is very important. Easier said than done! haha

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey date twin!!!!
    I suggest giving people jobs to do/ get done for you so you don't have to stress so much!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If there's any small tasks you can delegate or pass off, do it! Our families were wanting to help out so it was very nice to have people to help with those last min tasks.
    Also write lists of high priority tasks, medium priority tasks, and low priority tasks. Don't spend too much time on the low priority tasks. Those lists can also help you delegate tasks out.
    I also 100% agree with what Hank said! There was lots of little hiccups on our wedding day but some of them I didn't even realize until after the wedding day!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My advice is to not over worry about ensuring the day goes "perfect." Stuff will come up (it's inevitable) and you just gotta roll with the punches. Once you have that mindset, you'll enjoy the day much more and and remanence fondly when you look back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics