Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Last Call

Keena, on March 4, 2018 at 01:51 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
So my venue usually says last call for 1 am but I would like to be done for 1 am so would 12 30 am for last call be good ?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 5, 2018 at 14:43
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think any time between 12 and 12:30 is a good call.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say 30 to 45 minutes before is perfect. That way it gives people a chance to grab another drink, dance a little more and be ready to go by 1am.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing our last call a half hour before the last call time on our venue, just to ensure everyone is getting ready to leave and there's no stragglers. I want to be out of the venue on time, and not be trying to push people out at the last minute. I think it's a great idea!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd go 12 to 12:30 as well... or split the difference and go 12:15. Have the band/DJ/MC announce "last call in fifteen minutes" at 12:00, then a final "last call" at 12:15.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree that 12-1230 would be gpod. In addition to having the bartenders inform your guests of last call, you could also have a framed sign stating when last call is.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That can work if you want the bar to stop serving alcohol before the event ends. Generally i think the venue does let the guests know as well since they don't serve drinks to the last minute.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest last call be an hour beforehand. It'll give people a bit more time to finish the drink before they have to leave.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics