Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Lash extensions

Kelly, on July 24, 2019 at 14:35 Posted in Beauty 0 6

I just booked my first ever lash extension appointment! Aaaaahhhh!

K.....I'm VERY excited about this you guys. I'm a redhead, and my natural lashes are blond, and I use three (THREE!) different mascaras on them every day.

Has anybody had lash extensions before? I'm nervous about the upkeep! What are the do's and don't's? Is the application process uncomfortable?? Will I walk out looking like a muppet?

Lash extensions 1

6 Comments

Latest activity by Janaya, on July 25, 2019 at 16:59
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had lash extensions once and they didn't work well for me.. my eyelids get really oily and the lashes fell out quick. Make sure you go to someone who is QUALITY and not less expensive.

they do look stunning though!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's exciting!! Like Tori, my eyelashes are naturally dark and long so I never felt the need for eyelash extensions, but I hope they end up looking great and not like a muppet!!

I heard it's a relaxing process though, and follow your lash tech's care instructions!

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had extensions for about a year, it's super pricey to keep them but I think it's worth it. My lash girl was super gentle so I would normally just put in music and let her do her thing! The only reason I stopped was because I can't wear makeup at work, and having them made me look a little too done up Smiley sad

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have!! Personally, I absolutely love them! I had them for about 6 months.

The application process is long (about 1.5 hours) but not painful or uncomfortable. Most people honestly fall asleep.

Do’s are make sure you buy whatever care products they offer. Usually it’s a lash cleaner and lash brush. Buy it because it helps the lashes last longer. Do sleep on your back if you can, I couldn’t ever manage this though!

Don’t get them wet right away. So I always showered before I went, washed my face before, etc. If they get wet the glue loosens and more lashes fall out.

They are pricey to upkeep. You will need to go every 2-3 weeks for upkeep, especially if you sleep on your side - more lashes are likely to fall out.

Thats what I can think of right now. If you have any questions feel free to reach out!! Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha love your photo of a muppet. I do not have them, honestly have heard good and bad but I am fair skinned and strawberry blonde. I did consider but not to sure! I hope all goes well for you and show us a photo after! I heard upkeep isnt bad but refills I find expensive

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have no experience with this as my lashes are long and dark - but OMG I love the pic you attached!! LOL Hope everything goes well!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics