Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Lace sample sale dress -pilling/lint

Christina, on May 11, 2018 at 22:04 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help me out! I bought my wedding dress at a sample sale and while I've had a seamstress work her magic to make it fit perfectly there's still a lot of lint and pilling. Any idea how I can get rid of this before the wedding day? It's pretty delicate lace so I was thinking I would try to use grooming scissors to go at it myself and then send it to a professional cleaner/wedding dress restoration place and they could tackle the rest? Would love to hear what other brides have done!

-C.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Robert, on February 15, 2021 at 15:33
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did your seamstress have any reocmmendations? I also would think tiny sharp scisors would help you take care of some larger pilling, but not having seen the fabric myself up close I can't say how potentially damaging that could be. Do you have a close up shot of the pilling? Have you looked into the cost of restoration services?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure if the lace would be too delicate for it or not - but I have a depiller/lint shaver that works wonders on everyday clothes. That or you could take a sharp razor to the dress (as scary as that sounds).

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had some on my new dress, and the seamstress at the bridal shop said she just uses little scissors on them and does it all by hand. Definitely suggest doing that, even if it takes a little while.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have never done it on my wedding dress but I think scissors would be the best option. I was going to recommend the tool that cuts them off for you, but I don’t think that would be delicate enough

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics