Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Kids activities for reception

Megan, on January 29, 2019 at 19:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
So we don't have official numbers yet but my FH and I were doing the math and we have the possibility of having up to 19 kids attending our reception, ranging in ages from 2-12. What are some fun games or activities I can have for the kids?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Breanna, on February 14, 2019 at 02:23
  • B
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm inviting about 40 kids most are family on both mine and hubby's side, a few friends of ours have kids to.
    We are considering renting a bouncy castle instead of purchasing a bunch of little things for the kids to do, it seems more cost efficient and kids of all ages love them. It will only run for a certain time after dinner and other wedding activities mainly during party time, we will have a few outdoor games for everyone and the kids will get a little treat bag, we are also thinking of popcorn bar during the dance.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like most said, once dancing starts, the kids will probably join in on the fun!

During the dinner/speeches/boring adult stuff, some crayons and colouring books are usually a hit! Most parents do bring an iPad or something for kids nowadays with games to keep them entertained.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had colouring available for them. Honestly, most parents bring electronic devices for their kids these days. Once the dance started, the kids were running around, making friends with the other kids, dancing. We had an outdoor courtyard and the kids would run around there. We had 9 kids between 2-7 and 1 baby. No issues and they were the most entertaining on the dance floor!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

By the time we get married the kids will be aged 1-9 years old. We don't have a lot of of them and invites haven't been sent out so we don't know how many to accommodate for. I'm basically just doing a gift bag full of dollarama items for them, lol.

Plus we may set up our Nintendo Switch and have Mario Kart and Super Smash Bro's. If we do that, it'll keep the young and young at heart distracted!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will have around 15-18 1-12 year olds, and another 6 or 7 13-18 year olds. For the younger kids, we have done a 'gift bag' for each of them. In it, we included:

A colouring/activity book I made - 8 pages and wedding themed.

Crayons

A few small toys - toy car, plastic dinosaur, my little pony, etc, depending on the age and gender of the child.

Basically, just a few things to keep them occupied during the boring dinner/speech part of the night. The rest of the night, they can run around and have fun!

Kids activities for reception 1

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the colouring pages! That and you've got to keep in mind they will probably lighting that dance floor up Smiley tongue

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have kids on our list too! We are making activity packages for all the kids depending on age, activity and colouring books with crayons, stickers, some other crafty items!

Not a lot but hopefully enough that they will appreciate and keep them occupied for a while!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics