Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious November 2022 Ontario

Keeping warm for outdoor photos in Novemeber

Amanda, on October 11, 2022 at 09:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Looking for ideas, I'm stubborn (I can admit it lol) and very much want outdoor photos for our wedding next month... I was silly and for the last year have been saying that I'll just "tough it out" because I dont want to cover my dress but let's be real, its cold in Ontario in November. I'm not crazy about a faux fur stole but it seems to be the popular choice for winter weddings. I would love some other suggestions on how to keep myself and bridal party warm. The only other idea I have is bringing some blankets and thermos of hot tea/coffee with us to try and keep warm but I know the logistics of that may not work.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 12, 2022 at 23:38
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can always space out the photos in small timeslots instead of doing them all over the course of an hour or two. Having locations that are easy for transportation to drop you off will ensure you don't have to trek around in the cold as much too.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't want to cover my dress at all if I can avoid it, the only "look" I'm hoping for is avoiding that of a human popsicle LOL

So far we will for sure be taking the hot paws tip and getting lots of packs for the bridal party as well....and if it comes to it we are looking at indoor sites as well in case its just to cold to manage

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what look you are going for but I have seen jean and leather jackets worn over a dress ....

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha I wanted the fur stole then got married in June 🤣🤣🤣
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Getting married September 30th, so I have them on my list, because I am always cold and they are the best for cold feet and hands.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second hot paws! I was the same as you (stubborn) but did end up with fur stoles on longer than expected. I think they can be done tastefully and tacky lol fine balance!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay the hot paws idea is genius!! For sure going to pick up a bunch of those to bring with us

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hot paws in your shoes and for your hands, easy to hide, you just hold them with the bouquets.

And the shawl idea is great idea and keep your arms warm.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think the fuzzy blankets would look super cute! 3

Here is something I found on Pinterest for some inspiration. If you don't like it, do not at the fur shawl on yourself and do a blanket as well and possibly a different colour so you stand out!

Keeping warm for outdoor photos in Novemeber 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics