Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Curious November 2020 Bahamas

Keeping Calm

Rebecca, on April 9, 2020 at 14:24 Posted in Beauty 0 6
How are you 2020 brides keeping calm? Any relaxing tip? My wedding is scheduled to be destination wedding in late September. I had a few days of being super stressed about it possibly being canceled. I have broken out in a horrible stress rash around my eyes. The skin is swollen, red and dry. I have an ointment to help with the rash but was wondering what other brides are doing to relax during these stressful time.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Johnny, on August 26, 2020 at 20:09
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I felt the same. I broke out like crazy, had multiple meltdowns, tears... I took some nice warm baths to help me calm down, prayed, yoga, positive affirmations. I truly never felt at peace until we finally postponed because the uncertainty was too much to handle for me personally. We were oringally supposed to be married on a June 27, 2020. All the best to you! Xo
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're not alone! Yoga and meditation helped a bit. I also had a back up plan in my back pocket, as well as a back up to the back up plan (which we actually ended up using to get legally married). I only calmed down the day after we postponed our reception.

• Lora
    Newbie July 2020 British Columbia
    Lora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am using with Joy app. Easy to communicate with Guests. I have only included about 35 as I don’t know what rules with be in BC come July. I will add people if they rules change but want to keep guests safe.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Completely understand how you are feeling. Like Amelia said, you are not alone in this!

I have been trying to keep as calm as possible about everything, although it has been really difficult. This is the time, that I should be getting really excited about everything and I'm finding myself more withdrawn than anything. I have a rash that started on my hands and I have broken out badly because of all the stress. I'm just hoping that things will look up soon, so that everyone can actually be excited about their upcoming weddings. All I can say is, is that I'm glad we have the community on WW to talk to about everything as its easier knowing that no one is alone in this.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not keeping calm im freaking out inside! LOL i keep smiling and going with the flow and im hopeful this will all be done by may/june!!!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're not alone Rebecca!

The first thing we did was pick a time when I am allowed to panic and be stressed (I'm July when we need to send invites) until then I can't do anything about it so I'm trying to be positive and do a little back up plan brainstorming. I'm only doing wedding planning tasks for things that aren't date specific (so no invites yet, but shopping online for accessories and looking at hair and makeup ideas is working). This way if things do return to normal I have a little more done, and if we need to postpone I can still make use of the planning I've done.
    Self care is really important for everyone right now, bride or not. Whatever you can do to replicate your "me time" whether it's a bubble bath, a little online retail therapy, a walk, or a bottle of wine and a cheesy pizza, take some time to relax and spoil yourself a bit. It's also a great time to take up a soothing hobby like yoga, meditation, painting, or even puzzles (anything that doesn't involve a screen with pop ups about the news is ideal)
    We're here if you need to talk, or vent, or just want to have a safe place to talk about your wedding. We are all either in the same boat or soon will be!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics