Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Keep Or Skip Round 2 - Sleeping Apart The Night Before The Wedding

Joey, on December 11, 2017 at 08:15 Posted in Before the wedding 0 44

We want to know what wedding customs and traditions you are keeping and which you are skipping. In this week's game, it's all about pre-wedding traditions.

Are you keeping or skipping the tradition of sleeping apart the night before the wedding, in order to not see each other before the ceremony?

Keep Or Skip Round 2 - Sleeping Apart The Night Before The Wedding 1

Photo by Jon-Mark Photography in Victoria

Thanks so much for playing along! If you'd like to return to the beginning to make sure you didn't miss any questions, click here to start over. And if you missed the first round of Keep or Skip you can still play here.

44 Comments

Latest activity by Maegan, on October 6, 2019 at 16:22
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping- weren't necessarily keeping this because its tradition. We're really just keeping it because my girls and I are staying at the hotel so we can roll out of bed and start getting ready in the morning and don't have to worry about traveling.

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    TBD. I think I’ll have a hard time sleeping if I sleep at my moms house since I’m so use to sleeping beside him but do I want to keep the tradition of not seeing each other until the ceremony
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep but in the Jewish faith it’s 2 months before the wedding that couples don’t sleep together
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure at this point, but probably not. I don't sleep as well outside of home and not sure if it would be a good idea the night before a big event like a wedding (especially if I am too excited to easily fall asleep to begin with...lol)

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The night before is me and my girls. Looking forward to it.
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m keeping this one. Even though I miss him when I’m away I want to keep this tradition.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping. I like this one and I want a good night's sleep Smiley tongue

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we are keeping this one. I think I'll get a room for the bridesmaids and me the night before.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Slept apart since we had 2 beds and got good sleep.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping it, I plan on getting ready at home with my girls and he will go somewhere, we aren't sure where yet.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keeping it. We get a suit at the hotel the night before so I’ love be staying there and having the girls and mom come over to get ready and have hair and makeup done. He doesn’t need to be a part of that so he’s getting his own room so he can sleep in and relax
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping it. I'll be at the hotel with my girls and he will be at his parents with his guys

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping, we don’t sleep well in a bed that isint ours. And I want us both to have a good nights sleep before our wedding day!
  • Janine
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Janine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had planned to sleep separately, but I guess my fiance wasn't planning to until a friend of his mentioned it.

• April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh never thought about this!!! I dont think we will sleep apart, i love snuggling too much!!

• Christine
    Curious July 2020 New Brunswick
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keeping! I will be spending the night in a hotel, and having a girls night, and he will be staying at our house.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping, I feel it would make my anxiety through the roof and we are used to our own bed as we live together. If one of us had to sleep elsewhere I think it would be uncomfortable.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping. With our current situation we will not be spending the night apart. Makes absolutely no sense for us, plus we sleep better together anyway. We will just go our separate ways in the morning.
  • Arielle
    Devoted July 2020 British Columbia
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip for sure. We're way past the point of "mystery" and holding the traditions to be spending a night apart for the sake of it.

• Heather
    Frequent user May 2018 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to spend the night at our house with my FH, he has a different idea. He doesn't want to see me until I walk down the aisle. He's standing strong on this one LOL I guess we'll be sleeping apart the night before!
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Undecided. I have a hotel room booked for the night before, but I might let my MOH stay there and I will go home and cuddle my FH and get a good nights sleep.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping, myself and my bridesmaids are sleeping over with me at my parents' house.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't really gotten there yet, but I'll probably keep this one and have a little sleepover with my best friend/maid of honour Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping. He will be staying at our apartment, which is only 2 blocks away from where i'll be staying. I've decided to stay in the hotel the night before with my daughter to have a night about just her and I.

• Kait
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keeping. We don’t live together, so it makes that pretty easy. I’m sure he and the groomsmen will be at his house, and I’ll be with the girls at my parents house!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip! We’ve been together for so long that we have broken enough traditions that sleeping together the night before shouldn’t be a problem for us.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and i aren't actually living together until after the wedding so we are definitely keeping this tradition. he is staying at his moms and i am staying at the hotel with a few bridesmaids.

• Leah
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are keeping this tradition. He is going to stay with his wedding group at the hotel and I will be staying in my family house. One reason why we are doing this is because he wants to honey moon suit to be set up a specific way. He's such a sweetie.
  • Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep. It will be hard because we've been living together so long and I know I will be nervous, but I'm happy to spend the night with my mom and I'll be that much more excited to see him at the ceremony. FH told me if I am too nervous or stressed out he will do an around the corner/behind the door hand hold with me - I hope I can keep it together lol!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Undecided at the moment. We are thinking of skipping it just to help make sure we both sleep decently. But if we do, I’ll be leaving our place at like 4:30 am to go to my SIL’s to start getting ready.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are keeping this! I want us both to be surprised with our first look. Plus we'll be so lovey dovey since we won't have been with each other for like 12-14 hours.
  • Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've discussed it but haven't decided. I think it would put us at ease to keep the normal routine (thus a better sleep) but at the same time I can see us staying apart for the night.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics