Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Just some questions

Keena, on February 5, 2018 at 23:07 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
So I think we have confirmed but I have some questions
1) For seated dinner we chose roast turkey and all the trimmings .. You get a choice of soup or salad ... choice of rice or potato and choice of one dessert out of a few... Do we choose from the options given or do the guests get to choose ? I’m assuming that’s why we have table numbers and the servers know who ordered what for coordinating tables?

2) Do we need menu place cards or maybe a menu board instead ...

3) Do we need a head table or can we just seat ourselves regularly with our guests ? I’m just thinking it’s less stuff for me to have to decorate and less stress...
Thanks

7 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on February 8, 2018 at 14:46
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on your venue, some require you to choose for your guests while others will allow your guests to pick. We are going to write the names of the guests in a certain colour depending on what entree they picked so the serving staff knows.

As for your seating, you can sit wherever you want! If it is easier and less stressful then go with it!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good questions.

1) I would let guests choose if you would like, since venue is giving you options then guests can get what they want. If it's too many choices I would even give the guests 2 options then they can pick out of those 2.

2) I wouldn't worry about having menu place cards or a board. I plan to have my menu on my wedding website guests can refer to it (but we are having a planned menu no options given to guests)

3) completely up to yourself and what you are comfortable with.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Keena,

most people have sorted this.. but:

1) Typically your guests would pick. If your venue needs to know in advance, you would put the choices on an RSVP card or something like that and then your venue will ask for the information/where they are sitting.

2) A lot of venues will provide a menu, so you should ask them! If they don't provide a menu its up to you if you want individual ones (you can do them through vistaprint and stuff) or have a large board near the entrance.

3) You don't need a headtable, but they are pretty standard. I'm having a headtable technically, however, I'm not decorating it any differently than the rest of my tables.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1. We had to choose for our guests as the venue only serves one thing on the plate. The seating plan is mainly for guests to know where to sit, so it's not a free for all. You'll have to check with the venue (or the caterer) to see what they want.

2. Yes to the place cards and stamps or stickers so the waitstaff know what everyone has ordered.

3.Your choice. I'm doing a head table with my wedding party, lots of people choose to do a sweetheart table for themselves, while others do a "King table" where you and your wedding party sit at a middle table surrounded by tables of their guests. Totally your choice, you can even sit at a table with your family or friends if you prefer.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1) Typically, guests choose between main dishes, not sides. I think you get to decide the sides and dessert, but double check with the caterer. The table numbers are so that guests can find their table (if you are doing assigned seating/tables).

2) You can do either a table menu or one menu near the entrance way. I have seen it done where there is no menu. I think it is a good idea to let your guests know what they will be eating though.

3) You don't have to do a head table. I've been to two weddings where there wasn't a head table. My cousin and her husband sat with their siblings. A friend had a large table in the middle of the room for them and the wedding party.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As the couple you choose the meals over the guests. As planned throughout the dinner choices, i was thinking about having the lighter choices and how as a guest i would want to eat. How we chose:

1) meals were chosen with potatoes instead ofrice due to feeling full from the rice. We had vegetables too as part of the meal.

2) I had created a menu card for the tables ro let our families and friends to know what meals were offered and veg choices.

3) Most cases are a sweetheart table for the couple as the venue offers. Its nice just for one day to be facing everyone and pictures look nice. If you choose to sit with the family, its a choice that works too.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My personal take one this and my experience with my vendor is as follows:

1. You narrow down the selections, I.e rice vs potatoes, soup or salad and then send that out to the guests. Confirm with your vendor though. We have an option between two mains, but the salad and dessert are locked to one thing.

2. If the guests are selecting between two or three mains then you should have place cards that have some kind of symbol on them for the wait staff. I.e Turkey is a star, chicken is a square. That kind of thing. Helps them out when serving.

3. Totally up to you. We are doing a head table but you could sit say with your parents and scatter out the bridal party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics