Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

June 2019 Brides/grooms!!

Holly, on October 29, 2018 at 15:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Calling all my fellow June 2019 brides and grooms!
Let's talk about our weddings!

First off what is your June date? My fiance and I will be getting married on June 1st!

Does your date have a reason behind why you picked that specific date? We picked June 1sr because we didn't want too hot of a wedding and we wanted it close to our dating and engagement anniversary (18th & 19th)

Where is your wedding? We are getting married in Chatham, ON at The Country Church and Wedding Barn!

What is your theme? (If you have one) we don't necessarily have a set theme but we are getting married in a barn and we are both very minimal and chill so it's going to be a simple rustic theme if you wanted to label it.

The big question...where are you in your planning process? We have booked our venue, photographer, DJ, caterer, some rentals, officiant and are currently in the talks with a florist! We plan to do the majority of the decor DIY the rest will be flowers from our florist. We will have day-of coordinators who are the venue owner and her daughter. I already have my wedding dress, no accessories yet. My bridesmaids are just about to order their bridesmaids dresses. My fiance and his groomsmen have nothing yet, we will work on that in the new year!

Is there anything else about your wedding you want to share? Anything special you'll be including to your ceremony, reception, decor etc? Anything unique or different that you'll do or have at your wedding?
Let's hear it!!

June 2019 Brides/grooms!! 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Brette, on November 8, 2018 at 17:50
  • Brette
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Brette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also getting married on June 1 2019! No specific meaning to the day... also just wanted to get in before the heat hits. We are in the Fraser valley of BC and the summers can get pretty hot here. We are getting married in his aunts Backyard... which is across the street from his parents house. We have booked ALMOST everything except the DJ & Bartender... Starting to get a little anxious that we haven't gotten a DJ yet but i feel hopeful it will all work out Smiley smile

Elegant garden party with lots of geometrical shapes and greenery..

Cheers to June 1!!!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow another June 1st! Popular day!! We have good taste in dates lol
    I absolutely love the fact that you're getting married where you went to prom, that's so adorable and special!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Another June 1st! So exciting! Your venue sounds beautiful!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wedding date twins! How exciting!!!
  • Janis
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June 30, 2019 Smiley heart It’s a day before Canada Day so no one has to go to work the next day!! Significance is my fiancé and I celebrate the end of the month as it’s our dating anniversary, so it fit perfect June 30th is available. We’re getting married in Burlington, ON and don’t really have a theme. We nailed a colour palette and working from there. We have the venue, caterer, officiant, DJ, hotel for guests, limo, photographer, bakery for the wedding cake all booked. Have to get my florist, centrepieces and decor going though.

Advice to share: wedding planning is extremely productive and calm when it’s just him and I. I don’t like other people’s voices from either side of our family. It sends me on edge and this is MY DAY. I’m not confusing what I want just because somebody else wants a colour palette or certain vision. The only way to get planning done the way I want is when it’s him and I alone. If I’m the one paying for it, I have every right to say what I want.
  • Julie
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also June 1st! No real reason - mostly because it was away from all other birthdays/anniversaries/events in ours and our families lives - we wanted something unique and special.

We're getting married at a church and our reception is at a golf course banquet hall which is actually where my fiance and I went to Prom together!

No real theme - going for a lot of greens and white with simple elegance.

We've booked the venue, church, DJ, Photographer/Videographer, florist, limo and hotel block. Next on our list is to get our honeymoon sorted out and to get the bridesmaids in to pick out their dresses! I'm also hoping to use Black Friday/Cyber Monday to score some good deals on wedding bands!

Happy Planning! Smiley smile

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are june 22, 2019!

We chose our date because it is the longest weekend of the year. Our wedding is at a resort in my town of Powell River, BC. Ceremony in the beach, and reception in the campground at the same resort. There are cabins and cottages for us and our guests to stay in, or the campground for anyone wanting to camp out instead!

We are going with a romantic, yet rustic theme.

I've got my venue booked, caterer booked, dress ordered, my girls are all finishing the ordering process of their dresses, formalwear decided on, our rehearsal dinner is organized, and we have our band and DJ lined up! Deposits are all set up to come out in the next few months for rentals and venue, cake is ordered and paid for, save the dates were sent out a few months ago, and invites are designed and ready to be printed in january!

It's mostly the small things remaining but we are doing a debt free wedding so we need to make sure everything is done early and paycheque to paycheque. We will be ordering our wedding bands in the next month as well!
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were June 1st as well! We wanted June bc of all the birthdays and other holidays we have that are stacked from September to December lol.... just wanted to break up the year a bit. The 1st was just based on availability at our venue which is a local pub.
    We don't really have a theme other than I want our wedding to feel intimate but also fun and laid back bc we are both pretty casual.
    We have venue, officiant and photographer booked. Wedding dress purchased but not groom's attire. Working on booking hair and makeup. Undecided whether to go with a florist or diy through Costco. The pub is a historic building with exposed beams and stonework so not doing much in the way of decor bc it doesn't need it but any I do will be diy as well. Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June 14th ... and it feels like it's right around the corner!!! This was the date ... the only date that Balls Falls had available for next year. So, the date was strictly availability. It's also hopefully going to be spring weather. Lol. There is a historic chapel right across from the Big Barn, so we too are having the reception in a barn. No theme really....just things we love and the friends and family we love too.

Venue, caterer, photographer, dress maker are all booked. My parent are having the wine made, so that's done (red is bottled and white will be done closer to christmas). Did design our own wine labels. DJ and florist are going to be booked very soon. And I'm making my own invitations ... which is next of my DIY list and one of the things I'm probably most excited about doing.

Cheers!
  • April
    Beginner June 2019 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're June 1st, too :-) Also kinda rustic...we're getting married at a summer camp in the neighbourhood I grew up in in BC

• R
    Newbie April 2019 St George's
    Reena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're Getting married April 22 2019- very excitedSmiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics