I wanted advice from other June 2021 brides to see what they are doing. I’m struggling between waiting and postponing. My wedding is in Ontario on June 19 2021. If I can have 50 people I am happy with that but any less than 40 I would want to postpone. That being said what are your thoughts, should I be postponing and when should I make this decision by?
Our original date was September 13, 2020 and we postponed to June 13, 2021 thinking things would be WAY BETTER by then... Lol. We don't want to postpone again. We asked our venue if we could do an outdoor ceremony and reception (originally reception was indoors) but after finding out they would charge us the same amount for 30-60 guests as they would for our original 120 people, that's a no-go. Thankfully they agreed to refund our deposit if we decide to cancel, so we are cancelling the venue and planning a backyard wedding instead, anticipating maybe 30-50 guests for ceremony+champagne toast/mingle hour only (depending on restriction allowances), and catered dinner just for immediate family (9 of us). We're in our 30's and eager to start a family but if you're younger it couldn't hurt to postpone if you're on the fence about it.
View quoted message
Hi Natalie We have moved our date three times (now to 2022). The first two we did with no issues- this last time, we postponed in January for our August 2021 wedding and moved it to June 2022. They charged us more money per person as they stated the Covid restrictions were only valid for 2021. Since we were originally scheduled at the beginning of the pandemic, we decided to go ahead as we are almost all paid and everything was ready to go. We’re just waiting it out. Hope that is helpful 😊
View quoted message
Some restrictions apply but they aren't listed for us to see. I contacted my venue and they told me that its no dancing or mingling is allowed. Only a dance between the bride and groom. People are to stay seated unless getting a drink or going to the bathroom. They also said even if we're in green these apply.
I'm curious why everyone is sure there will be no dancing this summer at weddings? With the new Ontario covid framework implemented last fall, it doesn't say anything about dancing not being allowed. In fact, under Restaurants and Bars it states that dancing is allowed under Green, Yellow, and Orange states. Any thoughts?
Thank you so much for sharing this to us .. this is such a good idea , we booked our wedding on June 22,2021 and for us we will be having 30 people guests invited and yet with this restriction it still hard for us to plan , and this might work for us if restriction get tighten.
We are going ahead in June 2021. We have accepted that there will be no dancing and that we will have to wear masks when mingling. We also will be doing everything outside. We are just ready to get married
Those on this thread that have postponed your June 2021 dates to 2022, were your venues very flexible in letting you move your date?? Our hall isn’t offering that to anyone yet for June they have only moved up to April dates. Please let me know what your experiences were, anything would be helpful for us to build our case about moving the date. We already moved it from July 10 2020 to June 4 2021 and had to get a lawyer involved last year because the venue wanted to charge us $3k to move our date even though they knew they couldn’t host us with restrictions. I don’t want to go through that again
I know you have a lot of advice out here.. I had my wedding planned July 2020, then postponed to June 2021, and we have decided to postpone again until July 2022.
We made this decision as We said the same as you did 50 people or nothing at all BUT then we thought about it and said even if its 50 people, is it worth spending thousands upon thousands to have our guests masked and dance at their tables? It truly doesn't sound like a wedding to me.
We are now doing a Civil Ceremony Saturday Feb 13th 2021 at our home with just our Parents and siblings as a civil ceremony is allowed 10 people. We will then have a Big Wedding / Vow Renewal next year on July 22nd 2022. This way we aren't so Anxious about getting married as we will be already, and we can start our life together.
None the less, I hope you do what YOU feel is the BEST thing for YOU BOTH.
Hello to all the brides, I'm struggling which way to go. My original date was May 17 2020 and we postpone until June 26 2021 and its February and I'm worried we are going to have to postpone again, last year we lost money with some of our vendors who were not available for June 26. Here I am again having to make another hard decision especially when our wedding is paid for.
I was supposed to have mine June 6th. I only moved it to October 10th 2021. Fingers crossed. At this point i just want to get it done, so we can move on with the rest of our life. I have halted hiring more vendors just did the important stuff and waiting til spring/summer to do the rest.
My wedding was suppose to be June 12,2021 and we moved it to May 28,2022 just after the new year . We really wanted to go ahead with the Original date but when it came down to numbers and people we wanted to have at our wedding , the number just seems a little out of reach for this year. (Anything can happen by June, we just didn’t want to risk it). For our venue there was only three dates left for 2022 and it’s usually not a super popular wedding hall in my town so I was super surprised to hear this. Me personally I wouldn’t wait super long especially if you want a certain venue because I think things all over Canada and I’m sure all over the world are booking up fast with new couples who just got engaged and also people rebooking couples.
You need to do what’s best for you guys and I know a lot of people are waiting closer to the date and some people are taking their chances ; go with your heart on this one and whatever feels right . There are many options so look at them all before making your decision. Hope everything works out for you!
I could've written your post! Exact date, in Ontario. We are revisiting whether to postpone or go ahead on March 1st. We dont have a lot of guests (75) but dont want any less either. I'm remaining hopeful....maybe naive but we will see. I'm in York Region so fingers crossed!!!
Our date was June 12, 2021 but we just postponed again to July 9, 2022. It was a hard decision to make but ultimately it came down to the wedding experience we wanted to have. I could have handled the smaller guest list but I don't think I could handle the social distancing rules. If I can't hug my bridal party and family on my wedding day, it's not going to be as enjoyable. To make your decision, you just need to think about what your must haves are. Though sadly if you do want to postpone it would be better to make the decision sooner rather than later. I know for my venue they were already low on 2022 dates for the summer.
Postponing the wedding may be the alternative if your venue does suggest it if the times now are not going be better to proceed with your original date. The idea of having an intimate wedding may help to make your day special for the both of you and hold back for the reception celebration. It would be hopeful to know things are getting better though we still are in this together.
June 18, 2021 Ontario wedding here. We just postponed to 2022 this week. We wanted to wait until closer to June to decide but our venue already had 3 other couples interested in our backup date. My advice is to at least reach out to your venue and see if your back update is available and if you can put a hold on it until you make a decision. Our thoughts were, we don't have to get married this year so why leave it and stress? We knew if we left the date we would be stressing about any bad COVID news, we would be worrying about if we were going to be in the right zone (our venue said we had to be in yellow to have 50 guests), would guests still want to come/feel safe enough to come, what if our wedding was the reason for an outbreak, and we didn't want to give things up when we are paying so much money to have the celebration, to begin with. If you don't need to get married this year, then, in my opinion, it's worth it to postpone. Best of luck to you! xo
I had my wedding date set for June 25, 2021 and have chosen to postpone. After chatting with the venue they outlined in detail what weddings have been like the past year and the different scenarios we might anticipate for June. Most importantly for us, one of the restrictions that was a possibility was no dancing or mingling during the reception which for us was not what we wanted so we made the decision to postpone till May of 2022 (this is our second time postponing- original date was august 2020).
I would chat with your venue and ask for the same details of what weddings have looked like up until now to get an idea of what your day may look like in the best and worst case scenarios and go from there! In terms of timeline our venue allowed us to wait until April/May to inform them if we will postpone. Hope this helps!
I would wait to make a decision. In covid times, June is years away! A planner I follow on Instagram recently did a whole covid 2021 Q&A and she advises her brides to not make any decisions until at least one month before. Many brides (as you can see even in the responses here) postponed only to find themselves in the same position if not worse after waiting! I really do think it is realistic to be optimistic about 50 people indoors in June but unfortunately NO ONE can tell you what they think will happen though - none of us know what will happen. Honestly, anything can happen. I WISH we had a crysral ball (and they worked haha). If you're okay holding out, I definitely would and this is coming from someone who had to postpone only 10 days out because of the currently lockdown. Our new date is March and we're still holding out 🤞
I meant for the reception. Or do you plan to postpone that?
I think you'll be fine for the church ceremony depending on what capacity is at the church. As long as it can hold at least 134 people, you'll be able to have your 40 guests at the ceremony (in masks most likely).
Our initial date was July 25 2020 and moved it to June 12 2021. Now it's looking like it won't be much difference in the allowances, which is a huge blow to FH and I since we can't fathom waiting a whole other year. So we'll be getting married regardless this coming June and we'll decide closer to the date as to whether or not we have any kind of reception after or if we'll have the ceremony and then the reception at a later date when we can have everyone we want there, which is roughly 50 people. As for your situation, it's such a heartbreaking call because we're in total limbo at this particular point in time. But seeing as how there is now a vaccine available I would like to think that waiting another year would enable you to have the wedding you hope for. But we also thought waiting a year would make the difference, so it really comes down to your comfort level with holding off or continuing with your original plan.
Hey! Our initial date was June 12th 2021 but we postponed to August just to increase our chances of having at least 100 guests. We have big families and at 50 guests, we would have to exclude a lot of close friends and family. If we compare to last year, we were allowed gatherings up to 250 ppl in the summer. I’m hoping this year, with the vaccine and all the procedures in place, we will be able to have our « dream » wedding...! Good luck to you! It’s not an easy decision.
Can your wedding be outdoors? Are you okay with the other restrictions like masks and no dancing? If yes, I would wait until April to see how things go. If your wedding can only be held indoors due to lack of outdoor capabilities at the venue, I would postpone. I can't imagine them allowing indoor gatherings at levels like last year considering the publicized outbreaks. Have you sent invites already?