Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Corrissa
Curious June 2022 Ontario

June 18 2021 Wedding

Corrissa, on June 23, 2020 at 20:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hey Brides! Is anyone else a little worried that they may have to postpone their 2021 wedding because of Covid or is it just me? Not trying to be negative.. I just get nervous!!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 14, 2020 at 10:02
  • Taylor
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't say I am completely stressed out yet (mine has been postponed to May 2021) but I definitely have my Plan A (40 person ceremony, 100 person reception) Plan B (just 40 people for the entire thing, plus the vendors), and Plan C (we get married anyways, with our parents and photographer and then we celebrate the following summer with everyone, in a fun backyard space in the country).

Never hurts to have backup plans! That way, at least I find the stress reduces quite a bit. You're covered no matter what.

• J
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My original date is June 19, 2021 and I am worried too! Things are opening up but until there’s a vaccine, weddings won’t look like they used to and there will always be stress involved with large gatherings. There’s always a chance a vaccine will be ready for our weddings but it definitely has me nervous too.
  • Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same date! I am terrified of the new date (May 23) too.

• Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know Smiley sad hopefully not !
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep I am worried too (postponed to April 2021), and feeling like I don't want to reschedule another time.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Numbers in ontario are getting better i think by next summer we should be fine. if your wedding was in jan or feb i would worry cuz there may be a second wave in sept but next summer should be fine

• Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just postponed our April 2020 wedding and we’re going to reschedule for the end of the year but thought it would be safer to reschedule for April 2021.
    Our area is just now getting another outbreak and I’m totally starting to panic that we’ll have to postpone AGAIN 😬
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be worried though knowing my guests would be safer to fly out when the clear is given and celebrated with them present. Postponing would be the choice to make than to lose everything put into the day's ceremony/reception.

The same goes for planning an Anniversary party which will happen in 2 years to make it 5 years and have 3 couples celebrating 1 time as 2 of us (childhood friend) got married the same day 1 year after us. The third couple 1 year after us the day before. It would give a reason to have more guests to celebrate as one.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup I feel this. While we have not officially postponed we are working to that, for Oct 2021 and there is a part of me that is nervous its still going to be an issue. If we have to cancel next years, I am not sure I can handle it. It doesn't help either that alot of people around me keep telling me that there are no guarantees in life now and I just have to accept that it will be what it will be and to maybe not be attached to the wedding we want. Like are you kidding me? When did this become our reality, that we can't get excited for weddings anymore?

So here is to hoping that things are normal by spring 2021 and we can all have our dream days!

• Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah.. yah I guess all we can do is hope for the best!! 🤞
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I post-poned from this August to May 23rd next year. Not going to lie I am nervous about that too..

• Corrissa
    Corrissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good for you!! Fingers crossed!!
  • Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! I'm worried but pushing on through with my wedding planning. I actually just booked my venue this week for July 2021 and am hoping for the best. I thought about booking for 2022 due to covid but we dont want to wait an extra year. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. One thing covid has shown me is all the unique ideas that people have come up with for more smaller and intimate weddings. So covid or not next year I'm still planning to get married!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not too worried. I've had to postpone my August 8 wedding to August 7 2021. I'm sure by next summer things will be pretty much back to normal. Since we already are going in the right direction.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics