Hey everyone! I can’t even begin to say how awful this planning has been. Our venue and catering have been great but the stress of the unknown is awful. Does anyone have this date for their wedding, and if so what’s your plan?Our venue recommended to not invite more than 100 people, and it’s in a...
Hey everyone! I can’t even begin to say how awful this planning has been. Our venue and catering have been great but the stress of the unknown is awful. Does anyone have this date for their wedding, and if so what’s your plan?Our venue recommended to not invite more than 100 people, and it’s in a tent and outdoors, they based it on last year. I’m just wondering what the f to do if it doesn’t go through. I’ve sent invitations and have all the vendors. Any suggestions, comments, jokes, laughs will do LOL
My wedding is Jun 5th in Tweed ontario, and with this new rollout of limitations we might not even get 10 people including us. We are doing outdoor wedding now as our venue, church, hair stylist, all cancelled due to covid. We are green zone. Does anyone know if a community is allowed to allow more people at a wedding
Oh I totally understand how you feel! Trust me. Just try getting a feel from the venue and make your decision from them. You can always have the party after, and the ceremony then? Im hoping for the best, if not we will make the best of whatever amount of people we can have! It’s not worth the stress at this point you know?
The colour code system was implemented in the fall though so you couldn't have been "Yellow" last summer. It would've been Ontario Stage 3 in the initial roll out plan, which was pretty much the whole province. If you were given Red as soon as the colour code was implemented, then I would plan as if your wedding will be held in Red.
Don't forget to factor in that in Red and Orange, you can only have a certain amount of people per table. So even if your venue can fit 100 in the tent based on 10 per table, you won't be able to get that since you'll likely have to maintain a max of 4-6 per table.
It's nice that you guys have a plan for contacting people if you need to. Hopefully you will be able to have the 100 and not have to contact anyone. Our wedding is outdoors at a venue near Newbury. We originally had an indoor venue booked, but decided to change to an outdoor venue months ago with COVID. We thought outdoors would be safer for everyone and we were hoping for less restrictions. I have stayed very positive up until now and now I am starting to worry. It's crazy to think the wedding is only 7 weeks away and we have no clue what is going to happen. Because of the stay at home order, my fiance and his groomsmen don't have suits either yet. It's hard to know what to do. Vendors are wanting the rest of the money in the next few weeks, so I feel like we are going to have to make our decision soon. I am like you and trying not to stress my fiance out which is probably making me even more stressed haha. Over the last few months, I have mentally prepared myself for as little as 50 people. Now the last couple weeks, I have been trying to cut it down to 25 people just in case, but it's very hard. Never thought when I started planning my wedding in January 2020 that I would only be able to possibly invite 1/6 of my guest list.
July 11 here, in York Region.. We sent the invitations to ~100 people, as we also made arrangements for an outdoor tent for the reception. But this uncertainty is killing me, I just want to know what the plan will be for re-opening. If York Region is still in Red, we are considering just doing the ceremony, but postponing the reception, which is not ideal but dont see any other options.
View quoted message
I totally 100% understand what you mean! I’ve been trying to stay positive as well but it is a struggle. I figured I’d send the invitations and if anything have my fiancé, and mother in law contact his side of the family (as is the majority of invitations) and I’d contact my side and friends. We kind of made that decision prior to sending them out. We’re really just counting on the venue to give us some sort of heads up. To be honest with you, I think we may be able to have 50 people outdoors if anything? I’m guessing and basing it by the covid numbers coming down. We’ll wait to see if the stay at home order gets extended again. Where are you getting married? Is it possible to have it outdoors? I really do get what you mean! It’s almost hard to talk to my fiancé about it because then it stresses him out too lol 😅 quite the predicament
My wedding is also July 10th like yours. The unknown is really becoming quite stressful. I haven’t handed out invitations yet, because I am not sure how many people we will be able to invite. My fiancé wanted me to hand out invitations for 100 last month, but I haven’t because it will be me who has the call all those people and tell them they can’t come if we can’t have 100 people. I am planning on texting or emailing invites once we know if we can have our wedding. I’ve been trying to stay positive through all this, but I don’t think we will be able to have 100 people by July 10. We made a guest list of 50 just in case, but even at this moment we wouldn’t be able to have that. It’s is so hard to know what to do. I don’t know about you but one minute I’m fine with only having the number of people we are allowed and then the next I’m not.