Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fatima
Beginner July 2021 Ontario

July 10, 2021 wedding Ontario

Fatima, on May 14, 2021 at 14:50 Posted in Ontario 0 42
Hey everyone!
I can’t even begin to say how awful this planning has been. Our venue and catering have been great but the stress of the unknown is awful.
Does anyone have this date for their wedding, and if so what’s your plan?Our venue recommended to not invite more than 100 people, and it’s in a tent and outdoors, they based it on last year. I’m just wondering what the f to do if it doesn’t go through. I’ve sent invitations and have all the vendors. Any suggestions, comments, jokes, laughs will do LOL

42 Comments

Latest activity by Fatima, on June 30, 2021 at 10:04
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was so confused because in a different spot it said 25 people capped for outdoor events. Lol we moved the date though!
  • M
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Event spaces are 25% capacity outdoors and that includes wedding receptions
  • J
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I thought it was capped at 25 people for reception during stage 2. As it is a social gathering?
  • M
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And the moment of truth has finally come Smiley laugh I am so glad we stuck it out with our July 11th date and we are able to have an outdoor reception with up to 100 people!! No dancing but at this point we don't care because we can have everything else. How did everyone else's plans pan out?

Start the 2 week countdown! *yay*

• E
    Ontario
    Erica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smart move.
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah you’re right, that’s what our venue told us.
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is the exact reason why we moved the date from July 10, to September 11, not enough information yet to even be sure that we could have a good amount of people to make it worth it with the amount of money being dished out.
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We moved it to September 11! 😊 hopefully that’s far enough to settle this thing down. All of our vendors were able to move so it has been pretty smooth. Asides from contacting everyone, it hasn’t been awful. And I have people coming from the States so September gives it time for the border to open up.
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was our understanding too! But I didnt want to risk it, they only announced the early opening for step 1 a couple of days before, I felt like I didn’t want to wait until like July 7 and be like “oh kk finally it can happen!” Or the opposite. We moved it to September 11, so hoping for the best!
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I hear ya! We couldn’t have 10-20 guests… that’s like our immediate families only, and for the amount of money being dished out I wasn’t having it. We moved it to September 11. Same venue, and all of the vendors were available, so we’re hoping that works out best!
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! So we moved it to September 11… I don’t see any certainty in the restrictions lifted today lol but hopefully it’ll work then!
    When is your day?
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I’m telling you I couldn’t agree more with you! Lol
    Is more like “maybe you can, but maybe you can’t?… oh you can…t”
    Ugh we ended up moving our date to September 11, the venue had an opening so we took it. I figured hopefully it’ll be better!
  • Kim
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There’s literally still zero certainty of anything LOL this government sucks at explaining things.
  • Jordie
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Jordie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Now that we have more certainty, what is your plan?

• Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our latest date was July 11, 2021 for ceremony only but we felt it was too close to the first step and just incase they extend the first step we are moving our ceremony again into late August. We cant have only 10 people, with our siblings and parents it does not work-we are hoping at least 20 people indoors in a church by August (we gave up on our indoor reception and made that for next spring). I think for outdoors you have more wiggle room. I understand the unknown is so stressful and emotionally//mentally exhausting. If you have to change things around guests will have to understand!

• Parisa
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Parisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is on July 18, which will likely fall in Stage 2. Our reception will be outdoors and our venue coordinator told us that her understanding is we can have 25% of their outdoor capacity for reception. She did think that the number might go up by July.

• A K
    Beginner February 2015 Ontario
    A K ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep, these new regulations were just released on Friday May 20.
  • M
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It doesn’t look to me like those laws were updated (even though it says May 21 as e-law currency) but I am no expert in reading these things. Still patiently waiting for our venue to give us any info...
  • A K
    A K ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The law refers to them as “stages” though , despite what the online guidance calls them.
  • M
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just a note that the new Ontario reopening plan has “steps”, not stages. Stages were in place in 2020 Smiley winking our govt seems to be running out of terminology for their plans/frameworks lol
  • E
    Ontario
    Erica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know someone in the same situation. Was supposed to marry July 2020 I. An outdoor wedding/reception. Postponed venue and vendors for this July thinking all will be fine by then. But now, they have no idea how many people will be allowed to attend, are not yet able to get dresses altered, or suits made for groom and groomsmen. A lot of money has already been spent with contracts made. The question becomes… if they can only have 10 or even 25 people (from 110 originally) why spend all that money? They could have just gone to the cottage and not paid for DJ, videographer, florist, etc. And should they try to postpone again… which means finding another new date for venue and vendors. Arg.
  • A K
    A K ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Schedule 3 of the stage 2 law has a section stating that the restriction on gatherings applies “even if” the gathering is at a private dwelling. That means it applies to receptions at venues as well. 25 people outdoors
  • E
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's only once we hit stage 2 and after. Not before Smiley sad I got my hopes up but no haha
  • K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They thought it was 25 and I’ve seen a few vendors online say the same but that’s not right. Now that more information is out there is a “clause” that says the 25 is for private dwellings. How about your venue?
  • K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200263

I’m having an outdoor wedding but not certain if it’s 100 outdoors or what the number is. It’s so vague.
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Has your venue said anything to you??
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can you post the link? Please😊 thank youuuu
  • K
    Krystie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m pretty sure the 25 is at private dwellings found it on the Ontario site after some very deep diving lol
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re waiting to hear from our venue too! Hopefully they know something that’s nowhere near the plan? Who knows!
  • Fatima
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha same! I keep on reading the news like it’s my full time job. I think we may be okay for it, but there’s always that “what if”
    Not gonna lie, some days are better than others but like you said, it is what it is and whats supposed to happen will happen!
    Hope you’re doing well and congratulations to you! 😊
  • M
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does anyone actually know what the new plan means for receptions? Is a reception considered a gathering? We are waiting to hear from our venue on what this means for us... I hate the fact that these reopening plans are like a riddle that has to be solved.

• Jordie
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Jordie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same, July 10 too! With the new reopening plan idek... Once we get more details on the specific restrictions relevant to weddings (reception, bar, dancing) I'll come back and post here. Honestly, I am not feeling too stressed - it will be what it will be. I am just trying to stay super informed - it's my way of having a bit of "control" in the planning when we haven't been able to have any control thus far. Hope you are doing ok!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics