Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Judice
Frequent user November 2019 Ontario

Jewelry For the Big Day!

Judice, on September 28, 2019 at 16:21 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

I need some solid advice here on what type of jewelry I should wear for the big day, because right now I have no idea and we have 60 days to go. YIKES.

I want to keep the budget pretty low since it's not a huge deal for me, but it has to be functional enough that during my first dance nothing whips myself or my hubby in the face as we are doing a Waltz.

Thanks in advance!

PS I've attached a photo of my dress in the post.

Jewelry For the Big Day! 1

10 Comments

Latest activity by Dinter, on November 2, 2021 at 22:11
  • Judice
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ouuuuu I love that idea!!!
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you need something on your neck...

Maybe Backdrop necklace...so you have something in front and something in back! Or something what fits you!

Backdrop necklaceJewelry For the Big Day! 2

Something lightJewelry For the Big Day! 3

• Judice
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for the replies, everyone, I ended up going with some statement pearl studs because it matches the entire vibe of the wedding.
  • Liana
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Liana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do statement studs
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dress looks stunning on you. I think pearls would look lovely. A short necklace and some drop earrings (a lot of comments say chandelier but you did mention not wanting them to be intrusive.) Also I would say try to match them to your ring. But you can mix metals if you want. I am.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a pearl necklace would look nice.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do a nice pair of chandelier earrings with a matching bracelet and no necklace. Your dress is beautiful
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So many options with your dress!
    I would do a shorter necklace and then some kind of dangly earring. If you want a bigger or more detailed earring I would not do a necklace.
    A good tip from my seamstress. She said do your ceremony jewelry, and then change it for your reception so it looks like a whole new outfit. So you can always do something bigger for the ceremony and then go to studs and a small necklace for the reception
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Judice,

Depending on which website you want to follow. Some say that with a sweetheart neckline either to wear a shorter necklace or to not to wear a necklace at all, and let the neckline of the dress be the statement. Earrings would be either a drop earring or chandelier, My personal opinion would be a pair of chandelier earrings to add some sparkle ( if you like sparkle) a bracelet that matches and no necklace. It would definitely be understated but that dress and neckline are gorgeous and you look stunning in the dress.

Congratulations by the way!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics