Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amie
Devoted August 2019 British Columbia

Jewellery with strapless gown??

Amie, on July 12, 2019 at 23:26 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 26
Hi everyone!

My wedding is August 3rd and I’m wearing the dress pictured - the skirt will be worn for the ceremony only. I’m wondering what I should do for jewelry. My mom passed away in 2016 and I have her 1/2 carat diamond earrings which I wanted to wear in her memory however, I think I need something large and more dramatic. At this point, I’m not wearing a necklace. My hair will be done or hair up. I have long hair.

I am having my moms wedding dress altered into a rehearsal dress so I am doing a lot to keep her near me as much as I can. The lace from the dress will be tied around my bouquet also.

Anyways, I normally only wear my engagement ring (white gold) and diamond or pearl studs. So wearing both a necklace and statement earrings seems like a lot in my mind.

What do you all think? What would look good in that dress in your opinion? Please help.

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 1

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 2

26 Comments

Latest activity by Sheena, on August 11, 2019 at 21:58
  • Sheena
    Beginner March 2022 British Columbia
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, I'd go with mom's earrings, and a dainty necklace that lands just above your cleavage. I think that would be super pretty.
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for all your help! It all came together

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 3
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! The day was incredible and nothing short of amazing!

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 4
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful memories of your mom! I love these touches you have included! Hope your day went well both dresses are stunning on you!
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want the statement peice to be the earrings then choose a very simple dainty necklace. I think having your hair up and a strapless gown will leave way too much empty space and might end up have people looking at the empty space more then the earrings. You dont need alot just something. They sell necklaces with very thin chains and a little heart charm. You will hardly notice it and it will peice everything together nicely and give a better flow from the dress to the earrings. Im sorry about your mom but its really sweet of you to want to bring in so much of her. i think she would be very happy knowing that you are honoring her that way.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dress is beautiful and I love your hair! I definitely think a nice, sizeable pair of earrings would look great. Perhaps a bracelet that matches too or some sort of hair accessory!
  • Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First off, STUNNING! My dress is also strapless and hair is down, and I'm having the same dilemma. I love the look of a larger statement earring but thinking my chest looks a little bare. I've seen other wear pearls, but I myself, am not a pearl girl. I've been thinking of a medium length necklace that has diamonds all the way around and not just one hanging in the middle.

• Kris
    Frequent user October 2019 Nevada
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like that belt and the jewelry and will really stand out!

• Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    TY Sarah! I’ve ordered this necklace set in hopes it will works for the dress.

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 5
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds beautiful! These are the earrings I ordered off amazon and this is the belt I purchased.

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 6

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 7
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't have a belt yet but I plan on wearing a normal leather belt wrapped in the same colour as the BM's dresses with my grandfather's belt buckle. It will be my something old. Something blue is drop earrings and matching necklace.

• Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda! I had my final alterations done and the dress is now home with me. Unfortunately it Sits a bit funny. I have a small waist for my size but my thighs are bigger so the needed to leave extra room on my waist so I can sit down.

I had had to get a belt. Do you have a belt for your dress?

I found some beautiful earrings yesterday but they were $450 dollars. How can I justify that for earrings that aren’t diamonds? I passed and order a pair off amazon.

Jewellery with strapless gown?? 8
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow that first dress is the same one I will be wearing... looks beautiful on you.

• Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Thank you everyone for all the responses and advice. It’s great. I decided to order dangling earring to try it out with the dress AND a pendant necklace. That way I have options!

Thank u again to everyone who took the time to comment ❤️
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are a stunning bride!!! And I absolutely love what you are doing to honour your mother. I would wear her earrings and a dainty necklace or wear statement earrings and see if you can wear a necklace of hers or a ring on a chain etc so it balances out instead of statement earrings AND statement necklace. Good luck, you will look beautiful no matter what you choose!
  • L
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Linnae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I suggest wearing your moms diamond studs and a statement necklace that hits at about your collar bone. With the strapless you have lots of options for a necklace from a simple diamond pendant to something more elaborate. You look beautiful in your dress!

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look gorgeous, and I think the tribute to your mother is so sweet.

I don't think it would be too much to wear a statement necklace as well as the earrings, but a simple necklace would also look pretty! Maybe a simple silver chain with a small pendant?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that dress looks amazing on you, and since you have a really nice low cut chest area, I think a dainty necklace would look really lovely without being "too much".

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dress is really pretty Amie!! I think the diamond studs would look great with a statement necklace, if you are still debating the necklace. It doesn't need to be too dramatic, just add a splash of bling.

You could also do a statement bracelet and/or hairpiece. You have lots of options with the strapless dress, maybe see if the place you bought your dress will let you try on hair pieces/bracelets/necklaces with your dress.

• A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Check BHLDN. I got mine from there. They have BEAUTIFUL hair clips.
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks Casey! I appreciate your kind words! Great advice
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I was thinking - thanks! ❤️❤️
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Alicia. I don’t have anything for my hair right now. I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to add anything. I will be wearing it down.
  • A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress had a very similar neckline. I wore nice earrings and an elaborate hair clip. I liked that my dress and sash were center stage and not my jewelry.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dress is dramatic with that skirt, so you could wear your mother's earrings and a drop necklace/dangly pendant.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First of all that dress is beautiful and looks amazing on you! I think if you wanted to do a necklace you could do just a simple chain with a pendant, nothing too over the top.
    It would not be too much to add a little necklace with earrings! With strapless you can do a lot!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics