Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cristina
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

It's that time to start planning!

Cristina, on August 27, 2017 at 22:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Tell me ladies how long after the engagement did u know when exactly the time was right to start planning, even though u had an easy first while to do the important things that mattered first?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on August 29, 2017 at 11:11
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started seriously planning about 2 months after we got engaged. We knew we would have a longer engagement because I was still in university and I wanted to be done before the wedding. I am so glad we started planning early because we did not have any issues finding vendors or a venue, we got the date we wanted right from the start!

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew we wanted a fall wedding. We got engaged in April and started planning maybe a month after. Fall is the a busy wedding season, so our venue gave us their dates they had left and that's how we started.
  • Cristina
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We already have our venue booked and all the ones that are first priority in progress. We will be starting to work on invitations next month.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started planning right away. I'm someone who likes to be very organized, so I wanted to get a head start on it, especially because I knew that big things (ie. venues) book up early!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on when you want to get married!

We started planning right away Smiley smile My husband proposed at the end of June 2016, and we knew we wanted a spring or fall wedding so we were looking at Sept-Oct 2017 wedding dates. Venues regularly book up 12-16 months in advance, so I knew we needed to start planning ASAP!

To make sure you're prioritizing well, use the checklist in your account as a guide and make sure you're booking all of your major vendors first!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started planning about a month after our engagement! It is never too soon to start planning or even looking into things online. You never know what sort of things could happen along the way!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a long engagement- almost 2 years. So didnt really do any planning until exactly 1 year to the date. Then we could no longer say "we have so much time... Its over a year away..." And so weve started planing but nothing too serious yet. We have a venue booked, a photographer booked and save the dates sent out.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started pretty soon after our engagement as we were having a shorter one. Venue and budget need to be figured out first I think.
  • Dana
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my case, I knew the engagement was coming and we fast tracked preparations when we returned home from vacation. My grandfather was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and it's very important that he be well enough to attend. First and foremost I would start with a season and rough theme and then whittle down from there. The more time you have the better!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics