Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Newbie August 2018 Alberta

It's so stressful

Ashley, on April 26, 2018 at 01:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
I'm getting married in august this year and I'm freaking out about everything it's hard work planning a wedding. Ugh I need a break from. Thinking about it . Smiley ups Smiley ups

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jocelyn, on April 29, 2018 at 18:19
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im stressing b/c my biggest crutch & primary support system isn't even home at the moment...3 mths & 20 days to go, and really all i want now is for us to have some quiet time together...
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Ashley, how are you coming along with your planning? Is there anything you need help/advice with? My wedding isn't until next August and I'm already super stressed, so I can just imagine how you're feeling.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've found that (like everyone else said) make checklists of things to do either "this week" or "this month". Once you have everything planned out timeline-wise, you stop stressing about everything that needs to be done, and rather focus on a small list. I also agree about taking breaks and having a "no-wedding talk" day. It got to the point that wedding planning was consuming my entire life, so I decided that Mondays and Wednesdays I wouldn't do wedding planning/thinking (unless we have to meet with a vendor). I would also involve your groom as much as possible, they are great for talking sense into you Smiley tongue

• Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make sure you use your support system. Smiley smile you have bridesmaids who are usually happy to help. what I found is that they do want to help but they need to be told what they can help with. It’s hard to loosen the reigns but it’s so beneficial! Best of luck!!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't panic!! Take a break if you need one!! Then get back to it, follow your checklist, and only focus on the next thing that needs to be done instead of evvverything that is still left to do!

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I try my best to take little breaks, so I don’t drive myself crazy. But then I panic I’m not planning fast enough 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Try and breathe, everything will turn out amazing !!!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear ya! It really starts to consume your life! I think it’s important to take a break for sure you’ll feel better after you do.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would make a list of tasks and just tackle them one at a time. I would also give yourself some days where you don't do any planning because it can be so overwhelming and stressful.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married next month, and I totally agree that everything can be stressful at times. The best advice I’ve heard is take things one step at a time. If you’re thinking about too many tasks at once, and trying to do everything at once, you will get overwhelmed. But if you say today I am going to focus on this task and only this task and do it well, it is much less stressful.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm still over a year away but I am HUGELY organized and yes I agree making "due dates" is a great way to go!

And yes! Just breathe! Take a step back if you need to!

Go on a date with your fiance and try not to bring up any wedding things! Just enjoy each other and the engagement together! Have a nice relaxing evening out it'll make you feel better!

The day will be amazing no matter what! Things happen but it is about you two! If you are there that's all that matters!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also an August bride. Yup didn't know how stressful everything gets. I think slowly chipping away is the way to go. The to do list on this website is helpful. I also take the time to do the fun stuff like looking up DIYs on Pinterest. Get support where you can. I get my fiancee's input and from my sisters when I'm stuck or not sure.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The best thing to do is breathe, and listen to your mind/body... take that break. Have a bubble bath, take a couple nights off!
    I find the best way to calm myself down when I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to do, is make a list.... then prioritize what's on it, and write it again in order of importance... then one step at a time, chip away at it.
    Maybe mark down "due dates" as well, it sounds strict, but it could also help to know some decisions don't need to be made yet, and you don't have to do everything at once.
    The main thing to remember is: it's supposed to be a happy day, remind yourself of why you're getting married, and how you feel about your fiance. That always puts a smile on my face!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married this August too and I totally get where your coming from! I’ve been stressed and having nightmares for the past 2 months. I wish there were some way to just pause everything and take a breather! I hope you get that much needed break!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics