Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Is your registry complete?

Joey, on August 7, 2018 at 08:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

Who here has finished their wedding registry? How many places have you registered? How many items are on your registry?

If you're still working on your registry, what stage are you at - choosing stores, adding items, making your registry available to your guests?

Who here crossed that registry off their to-do list?!

Is your registry complete? 1

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on August 13, 2018 at 15:30
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're torn between doing a registry and not. FH thinks we should in case guests who can't make it want to give us something, but the Italian in me doesn't want to do a registry since no one in my family does that.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I have decided to skip a registry for the wedding and ask for monetary gifts instead.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be using my registry for our registry, it is definitely not complete yet. We have lived together for over 2 years and don't really need much. It is still a work in progress but I am hoping to have it "done" by the time we send out invites.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're registered at My Registry, but haven't added items yet. We also set up a money fund for future house down payment, honeymoon funds, etc.

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are 24 days away so our registry is set. We are registered on Amazon. But weve been hearing people arent planning on using the registry which is super annoying because i spent hours planning, and picked what we needed carefully. We are low income and spent the money we would have used on home stuff on the wedding. Weve been living with no microwave or toaster for a month. Hopefully people shop off it. Fingers crossed
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are registered at the Bay. We don't need many things as we have lived together since we were roomates in college so we only have a handful of things on our registry.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! We're not registered anywhere, as we'd prefer gifts of cash to put towards a down payment on our first house.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We used Huneyfund specifically because it's free - you can add the option to accept credit cards (through Paypal, though you have to have a business account - there is a paypal fee for this option). But there's no fee for your guest to pick a gift, print the certificate and give you cash or check.

https://www.honeyfund.com/wedding/peggyandjared is our registry, if you want to see what it looks like.

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are asking for cash only for our wedding so there will be no wedding registry. In terms of a bridal shower registry, none of my friends had one previously. Is this common?

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Peggy, your idea of an online honeymoon registry sounds cool! What website did you use for it and is it free?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I fiiiinally made it into Bed Bath and Beyond to do the Bridal Shower registry last week. We were there for 2 hours... and ended up only having "83% of enough gifts for a 40 person guest list".... geez louise.

We're ignoring that statistic though, as it's based off average wedding gift prices, whereas this is for a shower. We literally have less than 6 items over $100, and that's only for a select few aunts that may want to get those things.

Majority of ever thing is under $50.

Our wedding registry is simply asking for contributions to our honeymoon. We have everything we need for our home (maybe some upgrades down the road), but we've never traveled alone together. Our honeymoon will be our first real vacation together.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our friends and family will do cash, so we did an online honeymoon registry where people can 'choose' a gift, print off a certificate for that item (dinner for 2, plane ticket upgrades, massage, etc) and include it with their card and cash/check.

We have a few older guests who will want a physical something, as well as having options for the bridal shower, so we did registry at Bed Bath and Beyond. We have about 200 items on there, ranting from about 8$ up to 700$. The more expensive items we put on because after the wedding, we can buy them ourselves for 20% off (since we know folks likely won't buy them for us, which is totally fine!)

We spent about 3 hours total in the store - the lady helping us was awesome, and fun. It took a bit but my fiancé eventually got into it and was adding more than I was!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have started a few but its so easy to get carried away in there..... like do we really need that $500 plate set?? BUT ITS SO PRETTY! Haha!! Lots of work to do!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! lol I haven't even thought about that just yet... My FH doesn't want one but perhaps when the time comes to creating one he will have a couple things on his list that he wouldn't mind others buying Smiley tongue

As of right now we are new home owners so we had to buy majority of what we need.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics