Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Denai
Curious June 2019 Alberta

Is it okay to wear a band with your engagement ring (while still engaged), if you have a second wedding band too?

Denai, on February 21, 2018 at 12:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16

Are there rules to this? Lol. My ring comes in three parts, the engagement ring and two bands. The ring itself looks boring without the bands. When my boyfriend and I get engaged I would like to wear the engagement ring and just one of the bands and then start wearing the second band once I am married. I don't see a problem with this but I'm new to this wedding planning thing and would like to know if it would be seen as wrong to do this?

Here is the ring to give you an idea of what I am talking about!

Is it okay to wear a band with your engagement ring (while still engaged), if you have a second wedding band too? 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on May 31, 2019 at 11:03
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely! They're very practical for people who work with their hands and who work out a lot. I just got a little black one because I do a lot of gardening, cleaning, working with animals... so I'm washing my hands a whole lot and I never need to worry about a silicon ring being damaged

• K
    Newbie February 2019 Grad Sofiya
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey guys, me again. Have you heard about silicone wedding rings? I have found a website which is selling silicone wedding rings - https://mauirings.com/ . What do you think?

• K
    Newbie February 2019 Grad Sofiya
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gorgeous rings. I love them, but I get so uncomfortable with them when cooking or going to the gym.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful rings! Totally your choice. I'm more traditional so, I would also wait to wear them, but this day and age, anything can go really.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH works on movie sets, and goes to the gym, so I actually ordered him an Enso Ring, so he had an option for when metal jewelry just wouldn't work.

The ladies ones are stackable, and look super cute! Super inexpensive too... I'm considering getting some, as I might be going into nursing, and don't want to wear stones/metal in that environment.

Enso Rings

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You just never know! I will have to look into an alternative.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is 100% completely up to you, but Stephanie is right. Traditionally you wear just the engagement ring, put on the first band at the wedding, and add the second band for your 1 year. If you already have the complete set and want to wear one, two, or all three, it's your choice!

Personally, I'm "traditional", so I feel like adding the wedding band shows you are married, so I'll be waiting, and then adding a matching second band for our 1 year.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea! If I still took the bus I’d probably never wear my ring lol.
  • Kris
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I might have to do that as I take transit to work and sometimes work a late shift and it's not the safest neighbourhood.

• Kris
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is gorgeous, and I would do what is right for you.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a beautiful set! Do what you want with your rings. Half of the week I wear a plain ring on my ring finger because I’m at work (I work in an environment that is not ideal for an engagement ring).
  • Kyrzakos
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Kyrzakos ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely do what make you happy! It’s your choice. Stay true to You 😁
  • Denai
    Curious June 2019 Alberta
    Denai ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! Thanks everyone!Smiley heart

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a beautiful ring! I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditionally, the bottom one is the wedding ring, the middle one the engagement ring, and the top one for the first anniversary.

But, it is up to you how you want to wear it. For mine, the engagement ring is the one that is the most interesting, and the other two bands are plain.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No rules - you can do whatever you want! I've seen couples add on bands after each kid, or at milestone anniversaries.

The ring and set is beautiful btw!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics