Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Is anyone eloping?

Joey, on September 19, 2017 at 08:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hello!!

I am curious to know who here is eloping. Where will you get married? Who are you telling, and who are you bringing with you? How is planning going and what vendors are you booking versus skipping? How did you decide that eloping was right for you?

Here is your place to talk to other couples who are eloping or considering eloping, to get planning ideas and support from each other.

Check out Jen & Jordan's mountain elopement real wedding, and more pics from their photographer, Ayla Love Photography in Calgary

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on September 20, 2017 at 09:27
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really wanted to elope as it's my second wedding and really didn't want to go through the whole thing again. We knew that his family would have been upset with us so we are going through it all for them. It would have been so much easier and cheaper to elope Smiley sad

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it's difficult to tell people but you just have to or else you will lose your vision and turn around wondering how you ended up in someone else's wedding vision. It's good to have the support and be on the same page. It's a huge help down the line.
  • Karina
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely but try telling the people thatSmiley winking I'm learning to strike a balance and had a conversation with my FH about backing me up when people come with opinions because sometimes I feel like I'm on my own but its his wedding too!

• Charlotte
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You have alot of time!!! Oct 2019 that 2 years, enjoy the process
  • Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im hoping once we start booking and it comes together more I will feel better too

• L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just started planning our wedding (well, I am, and he's encouraging me to "look on The Pinterest" LOL) and the stress is definitely making us wish we could just elope. And sure, it would be SO much easier and cheaper... But I personally want the memories and the photos of this big special day shared with my closest family & friends. It's super stressful to plan it all & to find the money to even do it, but I have a strong feeling that I'd regret not celebrating the special day with the best people in our lives. ❤ Good vibes & energy all around. ❤
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Don't worry about everyone else's opinions. The only one's that matter are yours and your FH's. Everybody had ideas and opinions about weddings but just remember it's about the two of you and your vision.
  • Charlotte
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was feeling the stress as well with venue shopping and I started Wishing we could elope but that's not an option at all. Therefore I met with a team of wedding planners last night that I found weddibgwire and booked them. I'm feeling much better
  • Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just started planning our wedding and the stress is making me wish we were eloping!! I'd love it to be just us and then go on our honeymoon because right now everyone's opinions is feeling very overwhelming haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics