Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Devoted June 2022 Ontario

Inviting my small office- like family... except one.

Laura, on March 3, 2020 at 16:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
My office is small (9 of us) and we are like family, except one person. I could invite her and be okay with it, except her husband is repugnant- inappropriate, creepy, drinks too much- and he is not coming to my wedding. I already feel bad, but I really don’t want them there. Can I invite everyone but her and not be a total jerk?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 16, 2020 at 14:11
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its your day and your wedding. Your guest list can include anyone you choose and from work and outside. Coworkers can be invited though the one you feel has a husband that clashes with you will be hurt and most likely decline. She will speak up if she feels your targeting her out from the others. Pull her aside and let her know she is welcome to attend the wedding alone as you feel comfortable around her. She will understand and hopefully accept. If she doesn't, let her decline on her basis.
  • Kadi
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It all depends if you're okay with that potential drama of not inviting her. If you're going to invite her I'd tell her that she is not allowed to bring a plus one (because one person does coast money) and I'm sure that would lower her chance of coming if she can't bring him. I am not doing plus ones at my wedding. I personally don't want people there I don't know lol
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's your wedding so you don't have to invite people that are creepy and could put a damper on your day. I wouldn't worry too much about it and like the other girls have said, I would just make sure that the ones that are invited don't flaunt that they got invited and that she didn't.

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been at my job for a year now and everyone knows I'm getting married. I'm not inviting anyone from my work due to this. I would feel absolutely horrible if I didn't even everyone and I don't want to exclude anyone. So easy fix for me, no one is invited. You will all get photos after the wedding lol.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its your wedding you are under no obligation to invite anyone you dont want too especially if they creep you out. i am only inviting select co-workers not everyone is coming

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sort of did this. I invited everyone on my side of the office except those I didn’t want there. I just basically gave the invites to those I wanted to come when the ones I didn’t want to come weren’t around.

It worked out.
    None of the coworkers who are coming would tell the ones who aren’t about being invited.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard that if you don't hang out outside of work then you don't need to invite them. I work with about 30 people and I'm probably inviting about half, and I don't plan on giving them plus ones. Some I barely speak to because they're busy or on the other side of the building but others I've gone out to lunch with or met up for drinks.

I would also mail the invites and be very very clear with your other co-workers that you can't talk about wedding stuff at the office because not everyone is invited.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Man.... with that I would say that as long as you send the invites in the post and dont' hand them out in the office - invite only who you want there.

I'm not one to beat around the bush though so if it were me I would invite who I want and if she asked about it I would just tell her the situation you are in and explain you aren't trying to hurt feelings but it's how you feel.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would maybe invite her and just say due to limiting seating it’s only her that’s invited and not a plus one?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics