Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Devoted December 2021 Ontario

Inviting Co-workers - who should we invite?

Vanessa, on November 21, 2019 at 07:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

My fiance and I both work for the same company and we are going back and forth on who we should invite to our wedding. I have been here for 12 + years and he has been here for 7+ years so we have made quite a few connections. Everyone has congratulated us and slipped in a "can't wait for the wedding" comment but we definitely aren't inviting everyone and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Any words of advice?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on November 22, 2019 at 18:38
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the responses everyone!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Co workers you do make time with out of work time are your friends to consider to invite. Those considered just co workers yet not full pledged friends, leave them out. Connections are always going to be made anywhere and felt as they should be invited no matter what they think.

Its not always that case as i was selective with my co workers limiting to those that i felt close to be at our wedding as all his co workers were invited except for 1 new member that i recently met and not known well enough.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our rule we used with our old coworkers was that we had to hang out with them outside of work. That way we felt less bad about not inviting everyone we worked with
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would invite those coworkers you feel closer to or hang out with outside of the office.

However, if you don't invite everyone of your coworkers, make sure the ones you do invite don't talk about it with the others.

It would be a courtesy to invite your boss(es), but you don't have to. Again if other coworkers are invited but bosses aren't, make sure the invited coworkers don't talk about your wedding around the bosses/coworkers that aren't invited.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a lot of work friends as well. im only inviting people i hang out with outside of work which is 3 girls. if i left my job i know i wouldnt talk to all these people. the 3 girls i would continue to talk with tho. i dont want to invite every single person i talk too its way too much

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to invite whoever you hang out with outside the office - and then on top of that if there is room to invite the others to the dancing portion after supper Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you invite some to just the reception, after dinner for dancing?
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH and I also work for the same company, and there's 13 people, 3 of which are my family plus FH and I. We considered inviting everyone, but there are one or two that we just don't want there at all and we thought since it's such a small company we can't just not invite those two. So we opted to not invite the ones who aren't family.
    If you don't see them outside of work, then I wouldn't worry about them, but I'd make an effort to fit the ones that I do see and then whenever the topic of the wedding is brought up I just say we're keeping it small.
    Amelia's suggestion is a good one too, if you want to you can invite certain people to the cake/dance portion
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm only going to invite coworkers if I ever see them outside of work. Depending on the size of the company you can't invite everyone.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you would go for coffee with that co-worker if you ran into them on a day off I would invite them. If you can't imagine speaking to them outside of the office I would skip the invite. This all depends on how much room there is on the guest list too.

You could always invite the less special co-workers to the dance/cake portion of the reception if you want to include them.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I invited my two bosses, and everyone on my side of the office that I’m close with.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics