Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amber
Newbie July 2021 British Columbia

Invites

Amber, on August 1, 2020 at 12:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hi! I’m getting married July 17th 2021 and I’m trying to figure out how to make invites online to send out and get my rsvp list going!!! Helllllppp

4 Comments

Latest activity by Gioia, on August 3, 2020 at 18:38
  • Gioia
    Frequent user July 2021 Quebec
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married July 17th, 2021 as well!

My fiance and I already found our invitations on Etsy through Jazz Hands Paper Co. They have beautiful invitations and bundle sets (we bought a bundle and I got it on special) it includes everything from Invitations, RSVP cards, thank you cards and notes, seating charts, welcome signs, menu cards, save the date cards and more. What's nice is that you edit it yourself through this website they use called Templett and they have a partner company you can get the invitations printed from if that is an option (250 invitations with free envelopes with 250 RSVP cards with free envelopes is about $350).
    You can always design these invitations and send them by email if you want to save costs and it still looks just as beautiful
    We haven't printed any invitations yet, like everyone else has said it is still a bit too early, but we are planning to send out invitations by mid-April 2021 to have people RSVP by the beginning on June ( a month and a half before the wedding)
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's great that you're starting early with your invites! It's always good to start looking around at all of your options on designs and such. I did the same thing with my upcoming wedding which was supposed to be in 6 days but we've had to postpone until next august because of covid. But I do agree with Amelia, it's a little too early for RSVP's. I would say you could send out a Save The Date so your guests know that you have a date set, but old off on rsvp's until probably 3 months before your wedding date.

• Jarrod
    Curious March 2022 Ontario
    Jarrod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used PaperlessPost for our Save The Dates, and will use them for our Invitations as well. The fact that it tells you if the message sent, when they've opened it, if it bounced, etc, is incredibly helpful in knowing who has actually been notified and who hasn't.

The pricing doesn't seem too bad - I think it cost $20 to send up to 15,000 of our Save The Dates (we're having a big wedding, but not THAT big). The only issue I had was that apparently something in ours set off some type of spam catcher, which had to be manually overridden by the company, which meant they sent 9 hours later than anticipated. But, otherwise, I do really like the service!
    Best of luck! Smiley smile
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are a few sites that can help you set up a digital invite/save the date to email out. I think punchbowl is one, but I've never used them myself. If you're planning on designing paper invites online Vistaprint, Minted and Paper Source are all great! Vistaprint has sales often, I recommend setting up a new email just for wedding promotions where you can get deals without clogging your normal inbox.

I'm not sure how reliable RSVPs would be this early. If I were invited to a 2021 wedding right now I would *want* to go but I might not be willing to commit until closer to the date as we see how covid progresses.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics