Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie June 2019 Nova Scotia

Invites

Trina, on December 31, 2017 at 10:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2
So I live in Ottawa Ontario area but am getting married in Nova Scotia in June 2019. We want to have a backyard bbq for Ontario friends and family and co workers that would not be invited or are unable to go to NS. I was born and raised in NS and fiancé is from ON. So we plan on inviting 100 ppl from NS and ON to the ceremony. My question is how do I word the invites. I know we will do 2 different ones one for the actual ceremony and one of the bbq when we get back but that’s as far as I have got. Anyone doing something like this, I would be curious to hear how your doing it. Thanks in advance.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 3, 2018 at 09:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Create 2 different invites to seperate the functions. One formal ans the other informal as mentioned by Joey. There have been two receptions i had attended to which the wedding was out of the country.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say for the NS wedding you can use regular invitation wording, here are some examples.

For the BBQ you can keep the language informal, and make it clear what the event is going to be. Something like "Please join us in celebrating the marriage of A & B" or "Please join us for a barbecue to celebrate the marriage of A & B".

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics