Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Invitations - when to send?

Joey, on February 12, 2020 at 09:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Dropping your invitations in the mail is a huge planning milestone - it makes everything seem to real! How long before your wedding will you send out your invitations?

Invitations - when to send? 1

Photo by Mao Design & Co. in Toronto

15 Comments

Latest activity by Heidi, on March 4, 2020 at 14:54
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4 months, getting kinda soon
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be sending mine 9 months out only because I have a lot of family on the other side of the country from me and want to give everyone enough time to book flights!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is Sept 26 of this year so we'll be sending our first round out at the end of April or early May - about 5 months early. Their RSVP date is July 1 at which point we'll send out more assuming some will decline.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is on August 15th and we sent our invites the last week of January. We have family in Holland that are planning to attend, so we sent them out earlier to ensure that they have time to book flights.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent them out just under 6 months in advance
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were sending ours out 5 months in advance!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent ours in July, so around 3 months ahead with an RSVP date in September so we had a month to track down missing RSVPs, finalize seating, and get final numbers to our venue (due a week before). IMO, they don't need to be sent out super early, especially if you've done Save the Dates earlier and/or people know when/where (city) your wedding is.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're finally almost done resolving our invitation disaster and we're looking forward to sending our invites out at the end of the month! We're sending our end of Feb/beginning of March which is 4.5 months ahead of the wedding. We need guest count a month in advance, so our invites are due at the end of May - just about a month and a half before. It gives guests three months to respond which I thought was fair - people can decide whether they'll be away on holiday or not before having to reply Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had sent out the invitations 9 months prior with 3 months to reply back. It gave me 6 months to make the calls or look at emails to get final count.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in October and we are aiming to get them out in late May or early June which gives us about 4 months.

Picking an RSVP deadline has been hard because there are so many holidays and long weekends in that period that I felt like a little extra time won't hurt. So probably early August for the RSVPs so I'll have almost 2 months to chase people.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be going a bit far in advance and sending out invitations 6 months ahead. Kind of the same plan as Tori with two waves (although our second wave is quite small). Mostly I am just impatient and want to get the ball rolling on RSVP's. I already know that regardless of when they go out, I will be calling people right up to the RSVP deadline.

• J
    Newbie November 2019 New Brunswick
    Joanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent ours ~2 months before. Smiley smile We unexpectedly moved the date ahead, so it was a bit of a time crunch.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out our invitations mid October for our mid January wedding, so 3 months in advance, and had an RSVP deadline of 1 month in advance of the wedding because we needed final numbers 2 weeks before the wedding.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of getting them out in November. It will give a couple weeks in November all December and January. Hopefully get replies the first week of February we need final numbers the week before wedding so February 12.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out two waves of invitations!

First wave: at Easter so we could hand deliver most - which was roughly 5ish months before the wedding and had an RSVP date of July which was roughly 3 months before the wedding

Second wave: sent out after getting final numbers from first wave in July (3 months prior to wedding) and had an RSVP date of September which was 1 month before the wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics