Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fiorina
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Invitations

Fiorina, on October 30, 2017 at 20:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
I know I have time (getting married in July 2018) and I'm trying to stay calm but I've been freaking out about the invitations. I'm planning on ordering online, not going through a company but I wanted to get some opinions- does anyone care about the wording on invitations? We're having a traditional Catholic ceremony and the reception will be later but I got overwhelmed seeing all the different ways you can phrase things

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 21, 2017 at 00:23
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Simple and easily created on Vista print site

Invitations 1
  • Fiorina
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Fiorina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I'm still working out the wording and what kind of invitation I want. I want it to be simple but traditional. I know some people will find fault with whatever I chose but the etiquette guide on here helps.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't worry, there are guides for this, especially if you want traditional wording! There are some key points of etiquette of course, like not referencing gifts on the invitation, and addressing the invitation so it is very clear to your guests who you are inviting (and who you aren't), but you have other flexibility around that.

Start here, here is everything you need to include on a wedding invitation.

If you have sample text you'd like us to review, pop it in here!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Word it however you want! It is your invitation and should reflect you as a couple with all the needed information (times, date, location etc).

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can choose the wording you want, as long as all the information guests need is on the invitation: date, time & location (for both ceremony and reception), and any other info they should know

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics