Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dionne
Beginner May 2023 Ontario

Invitations

Dionne, on January 22, 2021 at 14:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Hi there! I'm new to this whole wedding thing, I was just curious to see where everyone else was looking for their wedding invitations or had looked if you have found your already?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on February 8, 2021 at 17:44
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I didn’t think we’d find anything acrylic that wasn’t a ridiculous price. We went for a thinner acrylic and it’ll mail much cheaper too. The thick ones are automatically parcels!!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are beautiful I love the look of them.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Invitations 1
    This is our exact invite 😊 We are going for a little bit of acrylic details through the wedding. Nothing over the top but a few things.
    The welcome sign at the ceremony, the welcome sign at the reception, the table numbers at dinner and these invites will all be acrylic (although the signs will be glass since it’s cheaper).
  • S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been designing my own wedding invites with Inkscape and I will have them printed at costco.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was just playing around on visitaprint and I looked at doing our invites as postcards and it's actually crazy how much cheaper it is! I will definitely be ordering them as postcards!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't forget about the promo code CONGRATS on vistaprint if you use them. It is a 50% off code. You can sign up for their free sample package too. Minted will also send you a free sample package. Its nice to see and feel what the invitations will be like.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used Vistaprint as well for our invitations, Thank you cards, Dinner menus and seating cards to be cohesive of the designs and colours. The savings are amazing at half the price and quality is excellent. I still use the site for many things during the Christmas season and calendars. After your wedding, its great to create your personalized photo books in the size you want and layout chosen.

The invitation is depending on the size you want and pattern/colours that will fit your concept. An idea of what was created is this for us followed by the actual invitation itself:

Invitations 2

Invitations 3

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used zazzle. I wait for 50% off coupons.
  • Dionne
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for that tip!
  • Kimberly
    Curious November 2021 Manitoba
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered off of Vista Print.

Pro-tip: it’s WAYYYY cheaper to make you invitations in the “postcard” format. They have the same designs for their postcards as their invitations. People throw them away anyways so I order them while they were on sale for 50% off and it was a fraction of the price of the “invitation” size.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I went with Gartner Studios!

We had bought the kit from Michaels for less then $20 dollars. They're a 50 pack and comes with Invitations, Invitation envelopes, Response cards & Response envelopes You get a code on the box and then from there website you can write up whatever you want for your invitation. All different kinds of fonts and colors etc and then print right from home!

You also can buy it right online if you wish Smiley smile

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got ours from The polka dot paper shop. Amazing quality.... a bit pricey but you get what you pay for
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vista print!!! So easy to use
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to go with Minted! We bought our Save the Dates from them and were very impressed with the price and speedy delivery.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My friend used them and they were good quality for cheap! Ive also seen Costco ones in person and they were nice. But if you don't have a Costco membership Vistaprint would be cheaper for sure!
  • Dionne
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I'm gonna check out vistaprint. I havent used them before its worth a look for sure
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan on getting ours from vistaprint! Costco is another good option but they only sell theirs in increments of 25

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics