Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mélissa
Newbie September 2020 Quebec

Invitations

Mélissa, on November 11, 2019 at 12:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hello ladies ! I was wondering for the invites are you guys going the old fashion paper invites or are you going with internet invites ( which website?)

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jeff, on November 17, 2019 at 13:20
  • Jeff
    Newbie November 2023 Ontario
    Jeff ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Digital 100% - and I say that as a once-upon-a-time print designer. I like Weddingwire's vendor finder, but I might switch to the Knot for the custom website and RSVP management. My 91 year old grandmother is a fully capable iPad user and if she can manage it, I'm sure the rest of my family can too!

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Paper invites for sure! But we did opt to do online rsvp to save paper and some costs, I'm curious as to how it will turn out. I fully expect some of our older guests will just let us know in person if they are coming.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want the paper invites and RSVP'd though I know some people are way more into the internet invites. I always get excited for mail, I want that little bit of excitment for my guests.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were doing both. internet for most of the younger people under 40 and then for the older aunts and uncles paper ones.

• Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing paper invites, but having RSVP online. Ordering our invites through vistaprint.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A bit of both! We sent out paper invitations, but the RSVP was to be made via call, text, or email. We also had our wedding website for any FAQ's and more information.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing paper invites. It’s more of a traditional thing for me. Also I feel that I/we engage in enough screen time as it is. I think it’s a nice break from that
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going with paper. We're inviting enough people who aren't very tech savvy, simple as a website may be. But also I just love the feel of an invite.
  • Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to do paper invitations. I think it depends on the crowd mainly. I have a lot of family members who are very old school and are not technology savvy. So to save the headache (although it is more costly) we are going with paper!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with old fashioned paper invites. I waited until Black Friday for Vistaprint and got a wicked deal on them! It’s nice to have something physical to keep after the wedding
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing paper invites and digital RSVPs (still debating on website vs email).

I love getting mail that isn't bills, and I know that our parents and his grandparents will want a physical invitation to hold on to.
    I'm not opposed to hand delivering a few invites to save postage or time of they're last minute additions, but I know most will be mailed. (Unless there is a postal strike in which case I'll hand deliver as many as I can!!)
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going with old-fashioned paper invites. It feels more special to me. But I'll do internet invites for any other events we have (ie. rehearsal dinner).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Internet invitations are definitely more popular now - and cost effective.

For me, I wanted real invitations both for the sake of having one and because a lot of guests would never understand how the online one works.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with the old-fashioned paper invites. I felt/feel that paper adds a special touch, especially since people don't get mail as much as they used to.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The invites are all based on couples wanting to save by going paperless allowing guests to go to the website for details and information that may be useful to know.

For couples ourselves at the time, I chose to go with paper due to having the colour and design to provide the baker matching the Thank you card being the same as the invites with the pattern being a different colour. We also chose the option of paper to keep part of scrapbooking since its something I do at times for projects as keepsake memories.

Choose what option is the best as websites offer their pricing and actual invites to order per card. This way you get the better deal saving on postage consideration.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics