Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

Invitations

Amanda, on January 4, 2019 at 15:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
How do you know you are making the right choice for invites. What's proper ettiqute?.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 11, 2019 at 17:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The colour and design is what sets the day of your wedding. You will know what is right and perfect once you see it in person. I did go on Vistaprint and create our card personally as others would.

Invitations 1

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is probably the best response I’ve ever seen, and my new theme! Haha. I’ve reached my planning threshold too, and now I’m in the I don’t give a ...... frame of mind. I’m just picking stuff because i like it now. I’m tired of over thinking everything
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow! We don't have out of town guests but our venue is 2 hrs away. But our website has indicated the hotel information was in advance. I am excited to get them made and out and then back.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    June bride here too! Invites going out end of Feb as many of our guests are traveling from the prairies !
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"I want this". I think every bride and groom should go by this motto (within reason!).

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It doesn't have to match, unless you want them to! The invitations should provide info and give an idea of the type of event (casual, semiformal, formal) your guests are invited to.

After looking at Etsy, Vista Print, Minted, etc., I made our invitation via Canva.com after not finding anything I liked or matched our theme. I was even able to make them match our wedding website!

We're having a semiformal reception and decided not to include our full names anywhere (not on the StD, Wedding Website, Invitations). We'll be asking our guests to RSVP on our website too.

We just ordered our StD the other day via vista print, after confirming our courtesy room block at the hotel - the back of the StD has our initials and our wedding website, for details:

Save the DateInvitations 2

Our invitations are still a work in progress, I'm still playing around with the fonts. Sorry for the blurry screenshot, it didn't like me zooming in haha.

InvitationInvitations 3

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with all of the ladies! Whatever draws your eye, pick that! Mine are going to be gray and pale blue and they fold out. Honestly I had no idea what I was looking for - I just picked what I liked 😂 my wedding is still far away so these aren’t even assembled or ordered yet but I got to check one more thing off of the list!

Invitations 4
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm getting married in June too!! Yay June brides Smiley laugh Sending mine out in February because we're skipping save the dates.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha you're hilarious. I think I am reaching that point also. If wedding is in June when should invites go out??
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very true. You are correct. Thank you.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours don't match our day of decor at all. They're navy blue and copper. Our wedding colours are dark green and gold.

Pick what you want. Nobody will remember what your invitations looked like. They're garbage once your wedding is over.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly - and maybe I'm just fed up because I've kind of reached my planning threshold - just pick whatever you like, and who really cares if it "matches." It's your day, pretend the theme is "I want this" and get it.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean as in the design. There are invites I like but don't reflect my theme, colour or venue.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amanda, how do you mean? For names, phrasing, etc?

There's no real "right choice", it depends on what you want. It used to be that you used the parents names to "Introduce" the couple and formally invite people... now less people are including parents names (although you still can). Some people just say "Together with their parents"... or the just get right to it: You're invited to....

Full names for sure for the bride and groom (middle name optional depending on your level of formality).

It mainly depends on how formal you want them to be!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics