Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Invitation Wording for Postponement?

Courtney, on January 19, 2021 at 18:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

How is everyone wording their wedding invitations for a postponed wedding? Or are you sending out a new "Save the Date"?

We sent out our Save the Dates awhile ago, they were hand painted by my brothers girlfriend. Which took her a long time to do, so I dont really want to send out another...My brother is currently working on our wedding invitations (he is an animator and has a drawing tablet that he's been able to hand design the card to match our theme).Its almost ready for the wording to be typed out, but I dont know what we're writing on it now... I had it all figured out, but now the wording won't make any sense under the circumstances.
We are likely planning to postpone the reception to 2022, with the possibility of a vow renewal in front of everyone. However, we are planning to get married on our chosen date this year, with parents/siblings/grandparents.
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 21, 2021 at 20:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wording could be playful and cheerful given the whole situation of rescheduling. We tied the knot and plans for Vow Renewal will be held on (Date) due to the restrictions. Lets all celebrate and get drunk, I mean party together next year.

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very cute! Thanks
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what my fiance and I did when we postponed in May

Invitation Wording for Postponement? 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gotcha.

"You're cordially invited to the wedding vow renewal of Courtney and Awesome Guy in Keswick on Month Date 2022."

If you're using a website to accept RSVPs, you can include a section with info on why you're choosing to move forward with the ceremony, covid, etc.

If you're having a virtual option for the ceremony, info on that can be included there as well.

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The individuals receiving the invitations will be attending the reception next year. But I want them to know we plan on having an intimate ceremony prior to (which they are not attending...but I obviously can't word it like that).
    I want to be very clear to them on the invitation that next year is strictly a renewal and reception.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What I mean is, are those receiving the invitations also coming to the ceremony or just the postponed reception? You're not sending invites to the actual wedding this year, just the postponed reception next year, yes?

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The invitation would be to everyone.
    And I've already reached out to our parents/siblings and grandparents that will be joining us for the ceremony. And some of the family already knows this will probably happen, but not everyone.
    So going forward, the wedding invitation will likely state the venue, time and the new date, of course.
    But I need to word it so that individually that aren't aware we plan on getting married this year, will not be surprised we're doing a renewal & reception for next year. Or should I put this in our wedding website (which the URL will be listed on the back of the invitation)?
    I'll probably post something on Facebook too, to keep everyone up to date... but I want something formally written. And not all the family is on Facebook.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on who's seeing it. Is everyone in the invite attending the ceremony and the postponed reception, or are you breaking it into different groups of guests (ie some will be at ceremony, some won't be at ceremony but will be at reception next year)?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics