Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick

Invitation Style- Picture or no picture?

Brittany, on January 11, 2021 at 11:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 8
Hey guys! I’ve been looking at invitations and am getting very confused about what I want haha. At first I thought I wanted one that was floral or with greenery and now I found and designed one on vistaprint with a picture of us and it’s completely different than the ones I had been looking at before. How did you guys decide? I would appreciate ideas or even pictures of yours! This is the most recent one that I have been thinking about but I never thought I wanted one with a picture of my fiancé and I on it so I’m confused.Invitation Style- Picture or no picture? 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Tahyla, on January 13, 2021 at 10:50
  • Tahyla
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Tahyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey, my fiancé and I did the save the dates with a picture of us then for the actual invitation we are going to go a little more formal so no picture! But honestly it’s your day!! Do whatever you heart desires and makes you happy! Whether is one picture or 10 or none!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to go without a picture on our invitations but I think I would like a picture on our thank you cards. One of the favourites from the wedding (depending how long they take to get back) or even a couple pictures on the thank you cards.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your invites should give a good idea of what the formality of the event is. Assuming your engagement photos are on the casual side, if your event is more casual, I think it would be great to include them.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are so pretty! We aren’t doing save the dates and all the other things but if we were getting a package like that I would be looking for something like yours!
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used a photo for our save the dates, but are going with a floral design for the invitations. We wanted them to match the theme and colours of our wedding, along with any other things like menus, programs, etc for the day of. It seems silly, but I really like that typical photo of all your wedding stationery together with the heels, accessories, or bouquet on one table.

We don’t have the real invites yet but here are the renderings from our designer. Invitation Style- Picture or no picture? 2

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I was thinking. We plan on having greenery on the tables (not a lot of flowers) and the ceremony is outdoors so I was going to do greenery on the invitations too, but we also plan on having lots of candles for centrepieces and making it very romantic so I felt like this invitation matched that vibe very well
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would also say that the invitations should at least mostly match the vibe that you want at the wedding. If there are going to be a lot of flowers and greenery at your wedding, then that may go together better.

That being said, I love the one that you have included! I think invitations with photos are much more personalized as opposed to generic greenery ones. I can say that I've received a couple invitations for other weddings within a year that looked very similar to each other. Our invitations actually have 3 photos on them!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice invitations and to your style. Everyone has their choice and you seem to have made yours. I did use the same site and went with just one of the designs used as the cake pattern. Our invitation looked like this.

Invitation Style- Picture or no picture? 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics