Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bailey
Curious October 2021 Alberta

Invitation deadlines ?!

Bailey, on January 13, 2021 at 20:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi There ladies & gents
I have a big dilemma , as I’ve been googling invitation timelines (as we’re not doing save the dates to me it’s not necessary) we are getting married this October . Our caterer needs our numbers in by June as he is a retired chef and has only a 3 person team and is booked full for all of October due to Covid weddings ! Would sending them out now or in February be okay?? Most of the invitations are going to other provinces! So hence why sent earlyish so people could consider and possibly start saving for travel expenses !
Just want opinions ! Thanks ! Smiley smile

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2021 at 16:29
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will say to wait to send out the invitations 3 months ahead with 6 weeks to reply back for the final count to give the caterer. I say this because I did think sending out the invitations out 9 months prior would make send and reply back end of March would help getting the final count for the vendors. It didn't since some guests did change their minds or not even replying back at all. Some of the families did lose the invite and had to send it through WhatsApp social media.

• Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay cool ! I seriously just needed opinions and appreciate yours ! I’m so stressed it’s insane
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just saw your response in my inbox it’s not on here for some reason lol
    People can hang on to them for a few months I’m sure. I know I’m stressing about invite timing I feel like this year is more of an anything goes rule. People might need reminders closer to the date but like there’s no rule saying that an invite can’t be sent out super in advance
  • Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also I think you could put off putting out invites until closer to the date because between June and October there is time to save
  • Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have a wedding website? We are doing online save the dates and then sending out the invites 10 weeks before the wedding.

Is that a finalized guest list he wants?! That’s crazy far ahead to give that. We have to have our guest final headcount for dinner 2 weeks before the wedding.
  • Sabrina
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With COVID, having those numbers that far in advance is rough. Anything can change! I would send them end of March early April with a cut off RSVP time to mid-May to give yourself 2 weeks to call those who haven't responded.
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea ! Thanks so much !
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally would wait a couple more months before you send them out. Most of your guests already (I hope) know when you're getting married so they should have that date in mind!

With everything going on with covid and things changing daily, I think you would be good with sending them out end of February early March if you need numbers by June.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics