Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Into It or Over It: Mason Jars?

Lynnie, on February 12, 2018 at 10:05

Posted in Wedding reception 50

This week we’re talking all about wedding trends! How do you feel about mason jar decor? They are definitely a rustic wedding staple on Pinterest! Are you into it or over it? :: Pinterest Click here to go to the next question: Into It or Over It: Wedding Party Proposals? Click here to start from...

This week we’re talking all about wedding trends! How do you feel about mason jar decor? They are definitely a rustic wedding staple on Pinterest! Smiley tongue

Are you into it or over it?

cfb_23315.jpg

:: Pinterest

Click here to go to the next question: Into It or Over It: Wedding Party Proposals?

Click here to start from the beginning: Into It or Over It?

If you are into it - make sure to check out 20 Mason Jar Ideas for Your Wedding Decor !

50 Comments

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Into it.

They're affordable and eco friendly, and very easy to repurpose/sell after the wedding.

• Alexandra
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it matches the decor ( barn etc) then it’s a good DYI money saver but the burlap, wood slabs, baby’s breath are passe. Rose gold and greenery is the other end of done too!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Over it! I think they only work in specific settings, like rustic weddings, but it would have to be a DIY wedding to begin with.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm over it.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd have to say over it, but I was also never into it! Smiley tongue I've always been more of a sequins and glitter person Smiley shame

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Undecided, we have a barn wedding and the venue has mason jar centre pieces but I'm not sure if I want to yet. Love them but they are so over done with "rustic" weddings
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Over it. They've been used way too much in the past couple of years.

• Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Into it as you can make them as beautiful as you want and simply can do it by yourself.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really they are great if you are doing a rustic theme wedding or mini ones for favours

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am both lol I am over them as they are used WAY too frequently but I also really liked them for my outdoor barn wedding as lanterns in the trees.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed. We are doing a rustic inspired theme (we also have a ton of glam mixed in) and we have zero burlap, mason jars or wood slabs. I think it's so over used.
  • Sabrina
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Over it lol. Brides will like what they will like, and good on them; its their wedding. That being said, there is so much more you can do to have that rustic vibe other than mason jars, burlap and wood slabs. I think its safe to say that Pinterest can be a place where over used ideas collect and get past around for a long time.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SOOOOOOO over it. It has been so over done (sorry to those who are still using these). I just find that they are too cheap looking for my taste.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Over it. They don’t fit into our theme anyways.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed - wood slabs, mason jars and burlap is EVERYWHERE right now. If it goes with the theme I think they can be really cute.

Personally, at our first meeting with our co-odinator I let her know there would be none of the above anywhere. The rustic theme just doesn't really suit us but my best friend did it last year and it was really nicely done for her small-town wedding, cute without being too overdone

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they can be really cute, but they didn't go with my theme. I do feel like I see them and wood slabs everywhere right now.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Over it. They have become way too overdone
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Over it. I like most things rustic, but not mason jars.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics