Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Intimate Ceremony Outfit?

Courtney, on January 17, 2021 at 14:58 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

Hey to all the lovely brides out there,

Just wondering if anyone who is planning to get married on their selected date this year, and postponing the wedding reception to 2022, will be wearing their wedding dress for their intimate ceremony/courthouse celebration or if you are all getting a new outfit to fit the vibe?
I do really want to wear my dress for the official wedding date, and again later next year with the family present, so they can see me in it.... but I also want to change my look up a bit. Which might keep my excitement going for the reception next year!
Does anyone have suggestions? What are you guys wearing?
I even thought about doing a dress change after our intimate ceremony, into a shorter party dress which would be more suitable for a June backyard celebration with our parents.
Thanks! Looking forward to see some ideas.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 21, 2021 at 21:01
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can wear your dress twice. A coloured jacket on top of the dress could make that difference for your look.

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Best of both worlds! Once I got over the initial sadness of having to postpone, I found it kind of fun to get to have to both an intimate celebration and then a big celebration/party as well. Might as well have fun with the dresses! And you’re totally right about getting another wear out of your simple dress too!
  • Courtney
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Alison! I'll have to check out Boutique 1861.

I really like the idea of getting to wear my wedding dress twice, but I also love the idea of having a dress change into something for simple for later if we have a BBQ or something. Plus I could wear that second dress to bridal showers next year, etc. Get my moneys worth.
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a light pink bridesmaid dress for our intimate ceremony in August 2020 and my (now) husband wore a nice suit he already had. We wanted things to still be nice, but a bit more casual and are saving our wedding outfits for our vow renewal/reception which was going to be August 2021, but will likely be 2022 now. I'm really hoping I still like my wedding dress by then lol.

You can't go wrong with whatever you decide! It would be nice to get 2 wears out of your dress, but if it doesn't suit your intimate ceremony, you can definitely find something nice and fun! Boutique 1861 has some really nice dresses that are affordable!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore my wedding dress and I plan to wear it again for our reception next year. I may not wear my veil again, and I think I'll do something different with my hair but that is more because my hair didn't stay styled well last time.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a bride but I'll be wearing my tuxedo for the ceremony if we can't have our reception and my fiancee will wear her wedding dress. We're still doing formal photos on the day of our ceremony and we want our clothes to be a part of that. If we feel the look is stale by the time our reception comes, we'll just change things like accessories, hair style, etc.

If on the day of our ceremony we're doing some kind of intimate family dinner at home in lieu of a formal reception, we're changing out of our clothes.

• Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed have our wedding July 18 2020 we ended up postponing and doing a small backyard ceremony with our parents and siblings. I didn't want to ruin my original dress being a backyard wedding ( my dress is all lace) and having two dogs with us I knew it was the right fit for this occasion, I rented a white dress that fit the backyard occasion and it keeps my original dress special for whenever I can have the wedding supposed to be 2021 but again who knows now
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore my wedding dress for my small ceremony last year and I plan to wear it again for our reception. I think it's a great opportunity to wear your dress more than once. I might change up my hair or something for the reception and I may buy new shoes because I ended up just wearing ones I already owned for the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics