Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Patricia
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Inspiration help needed

Patricia, on November 28, 2017 at 17:23 Posted in DIY 0 4
My fh and I are planning a 50’s dinner party themed wedding. Think wedding day meets Sunday dinner. I want to keep our budget as low as possible any suggestions for diy projects ( I’m considering growing my centerpieces myself). Most of our old generation family members have cleaned house and donated most of their stuff to the Salvation Army.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on November 30, 2017 at 12:13
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also want to add, very cool you are from Hagersville! I'm from close to there, in Selkirk but am living in Alberta now! Glad I'm not the only Haldimand county lady on here!! 😋
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Facebook wedding buy and sell groups are amazing! I would recommend checking how much an item is new though, (as some people do try to make their money back,) to make sure you are getting a bargain.

Thrift stores also have amazing deals, if you are okay with things looking slightly different (since it is rare thrift stores will have 100 of the exact same vases).

We are making potted plants as our centrepieces. Ikea has silver pots for $0.79 and we are spray painting them our wedding colours. Debate is still on if we are planting seeds or buying plants, but we have until spring to decide.

Our centrepieces will first be used down the aisle during the ceremony and then our bridal party will move them to the tables while we get pictures taken.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could try going to local thrift stores to find some budget friendly items. My friend did that to find the teacups she used for her wedding shower a few years back.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out the Wedding Facebook pages! They are a very good place to get stuff for cheap and definitely great ideas too. If you go to Michaels, go when they have the 50% coupons as they are pretty pricey! And check out the dollar stores, they have some pretty great quality stuff if you look around.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics