Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

Incoming: Venting Session

Courtney, on February 5, 2018 at 14:11 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

I am a planner.. I'm very organized and really enjoy it. Which makes me stress out about wedding related stuff like Showers and Bacherlorettes that I don't get to do the planning for.

Bachelorette - I just want to get it planned and people invited since spring is a busy month. My MOH is amazing, like so amazing and wants to plan it. But I know she has her own wedding coming up this year so I just want to help and do it all which I think in turn makes her feel like I don't think she can do it. Which I totally do! I'm just a control freak!

Shower - I didn't even want one but the families insisted. No one seems to ACTUALLY be planning it though.. can't seem to pick a date. Originally I was told March, so since that's coming up and no one has been invited I've just asked what day and apparently March is no good. So they picked May which is one of the worst months for me. Its just chaos.

What are your things to vent about!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on February 6, 2018 at 11:11
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My vent:

I had asked my bridesmaids and the moms if they wanted to go to a salon to get their hair done. They all agreed. I paid the deposit. Then, my MOH and a bridesmaid decided they wanted to save that money and do it themselves!! To me, it's about more than just getting hair done. It's also the last few minutes I have to spend with these ladies--the closest to me! Thankfully, the one has come around and agreed to stick with the salon but the one is still up in the air!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I understand your frustration completely. I’m actually taking part in planning both because I’m that Type-A personality. My MOH and my mom don’t have a problem with this thankfully 🙃
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get that. That's how I felt about the Bridal shower.

However, my family pointed out that there's quite a bit of extended family (like my dad's cousins, etc) who aren't being invited to the wedding as we're keeping it small, but who want to celebrate this time in my life with me. So I agreed to do a shower to celebrate with those people basically. I've been clear to NO PRESENTS and if they really want to give me something, they can give me their favourite book to read as I am an avid reader.

The bacherlorette I'm keeping simple and just doing a night out with the girls basically. Just an excuse to spend time together.

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t want a bridal shower or a bachelorette party. We don’t need more stuff. And as it’s mostly family, I feel like I’m sitting there with my hand out. No thanks. So I just hope they go with my wishes and don’t do either. I’ll let you all know what happens but it’s still a long time away
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear you. My MOH has been freaking out about the shower and is super happy that it's finally been settled what date it will be etc for that exact reason. Weekend are filling up between now and the wedding so there was limited time to lock people down.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's still far enough away that I am not PANICKED about no invites yet. But I just know how fast people's springs get so that's the only reason that I'm like... uhhhhh.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH has mentioned to me that my asking about things and sending her ideas about other things makes her feel like i don't think she's capable. So i know how you feel. That was not my intention, i just wanted to help. With regards to the shower and bachelorette party, i'm just letting go. It took me a while and i still need to remind myself, but i'm not going to worry about it. I'm just going to trust that they can and will do it. I have too many other things to be worrying about and planning. Now, unlike you, i know things are moving forward on these. I don't know how i'd feel if no movement had been made on booking and inviting people.

Hang in there.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Be happy that people are planning those things for you. I won't be getting any of those. If you feel like you need to step in for your bachelorette then just tell your MOH. It's not written in stone that other people need to plan it for you.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't worry! Things will come together. I put my foot down in regards to a shower as I really didn't want one and felt like it was yet another "wedding" celebration that cut out the groom.

Right now I am planning my honeymoon and that has proved way more difficult than I thought. My husband will be starting a new job next week and has to work for 4 weeks before he can take any vacation so things keep getting pushed back and so we haven't actually booked anything yet. So frustrating!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics