Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharlene
Expert August 2019 Alberta

Impatiently waiting for Rsvps

Sharlene, on May 2, 2019 at 09:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Our invitations have begun to arrive. I am now growing impatient about receiving the replies. I hope they start coming on the weekend or sooner. My fiance is very relaxed about it, not me.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Sharlene, on May 3, 2019 at 15:37
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You were very fortunate. Yes, I am calming down a bit more each day. People seem to be last minute for the most part it seems. Gosh I hope that I was early with my replies as a wedding guest!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't think about it too much! I was excited too and honestly like 30% of the rsvps came in the week before the due date haha! Out of all invited, the due date was May 1st and only have to track down 2 people not bad! It really is exciting though good luck!

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I guess that is most people's nature to wait until the last minute to do something. Until June 19th I will focus my energy on DIY projects. We have about six left to do and then organize our decorations as family and friends have to do the decorating at our reception. The groom and groomsmen will be decorating for the ceremony so I need to be very organized to hand off the reins.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here.. our due date was April 30th and I'm still not freaking out about the late ones. There's a couple in the mail, and a couple we got the last few days without me following up so some people just waited til the last minute... oooooooooh well

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When is the deadline for the RSVP's? I know for my sisters wedding we had to call a bunch sadly, sometimes people have great luck and they all come back fast.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sharlene,

Trust me when I say this... half of the invites won't be RSVP'd until you followup on them. Especially the elderly who tend to forget, and family members who assume you know they will show up... I had to enlist both sides of the family to follow up past the RSVP due date with the relatives and I had to individually contact friends to send in their RSVPs.

Also, expect to have a last min strangler show up at the venue who "thought" they RSVP'd already. That happened at our wedding where a family friend thought they changed their no to a yes. My MIL had to rearrange with the site-coordinator to add in an extra seat.

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that will happen to me too. My busy life is about to get busier... wedding, work, home, second job to pay for the wedding and honeymoon and now ball season has begun. I won't have time to think about RSVPs!
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unreliable mail service, jeepers. That was the reason we went with replies either via the wedding website, email or by phone. A bit less worry about the mail service.
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I expect to have to chase some people and likely it will be family.
  • A
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Acacia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trust me 50% won’t come until the last week and 20% you’ll have to chase down and 5% will never give an answer and don’t be surprised when it’s family who forget to respond
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was impatient at first too, we had about 20 couples rsvp right away and then a few more trickled in. As I've moved forward in wedding planning, I kind of forgot about it and became less impatient. Now when we get one, it's a pleasant surprise!
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm awaiting my rsvps too. We had some right away. But the ones I'm still waiting for are kinda causing me anxiety.

One was mailed back to me as I put the return address on the back where its sealed and apparently according to the post office this is a no no because sometimes it's not read correctly by the scanner. So instead it went to me rather than my guest.

The other issue is a month after mailing them out another was returned with the wrong address (they moved) but it took a whole month to come back. And all tattered too.

The last issue is I know for sure 1 hasn't received theirs yet that I mailed a whole month ago to a nearby city. I resent a new one but just wondering where it is and if anyone else hasn't received theirs.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We send our invitations beginning of February and didn't get our first rsvp till end of February/beginning of March... I've noticed people like to wait till closer to the deadline for some reason. We had the RSVPs through email so it's not like they mailed it and it took a while either..
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm gonna be the same! We sent out Save the Dates in January and will be sending invites out in June-July. I hope since people know about it, they'll be likely to RSVP quicker, but that probably won't be the case lol

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with you!! I can’t wait to send out our invites. But I know I will be super impatient waiting for the RSVPs.
    The way I look at it, the faster the RSvP come in, the faster I can get planning my seating plan and I am not stressing super close to the day
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June 19 is our deadline. Still lots of time. I guess I am a bit too type A on this detail.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When is your due date? I found they come in lulls.. I got a lot right away.. then it was kind of sporadic until nearing the deadline then it picked up again... I wouldn't be stressing about it until your deadline. Mine was April 30th and we still haven't seen a few so we have just asked people or reminded them..

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When is your RSVP deadline? I know I started handing some out and am already getting excited when I get a notification that somebody has viewed our wedding website!!

I don't expect all the rsvp's back until the last day possible knowing my family Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics