Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tasha
Curious April 2019 Alberta

Ideas for simple catering?

Tasha, on August 16, 2018 at 17:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2

We're getting married at his dad's acreage. There may be a lot of people there, but we are trying to keep costs down a little (hence doing an acreage wedding instead of booking a venue), and were wanting to get trays of sandwiches and meat and cheese, and fruit and veggies and stuff, instead of doing a big dinner. I was thinking Costco? But I don't know if they even offer that kind of thing.

Has anyone done something like this? Or is anyone planning on it? Did you make stuff yourselves? We're probably going to be making all the dessert, so I don't think I want to add sandwiches and trays to the mix as well...

2 Comments

Latest activity by Gina, on September 4, 2018 at 17:20
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can get fruit and veggie platters at Costco but I find the veggies always taste unwashed. So it would be a huge pain to try and wash a bunch before hand. Also they make croissant sandwich platters, but their a little expensive and not that great. (Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Costco fan lol)
    I had to help organize a funeral for my FHs grandma a couple years ago. After a ton of phone calls around, we decided to go with Safeway. We got a bunch of Sandwich platters, veggie and fruit trays as well as meat and cheese trays, oh! And dessert trays. They were wonderful to work with. The sandwiches were nothing special but still tasted really good, and we were able to get everything from one location. If you give them a call and they can at least quote you on price and let you know what they can do for you. Hope that helps a little bit
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure if Costco does sandwiches. But I know some sub places will do sub/wrap platters.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics