Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Super June 2021 Ontario

Iced Tea Station- Before or After?

Samantha, on February 13, 2020 at 12:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

We're getting married July 25th and it'll be an outdoor ceremony then we'll be moving venues for the reception. I'm just wondering if we should set up the refreshment table at the ceremony and everyone can grab a glass before the ceremony starts so they can stay refreshed during (it'll only be about a 30 minute ceremony), or if we should set it up at the reception venue and have that be the drinks available during the cocktail hour and wait to open the bar until dinner.

What would you do? Or what would you prefer if you were a guest?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 18, 2020 at 16:46
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would skip that. its another big added cost and then you have to buy and set up and take down all that stuff when there will be drinks at the reception area. plus then are you gonna have someone standing there handing them out? what if they get warm?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say better at the reception so that you don't fill your guests with liquid right before the ceremony starts. I for one am squirmy and distracted if I really need to pee and that would not make me an ideal guest.

But I also agree if it's going to be really warm then it would be a good idea to keep guests hydrated and cool.
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At the reception. Having people mingle around pre ceremony could delay things
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think like the others say it would be easier on you to have it for the reception as it's less to set up/ tear down as well as wouldn't want a bunch of cups left at the ceremony site you have to worry about getting in pictures as well as being left behind to clean up.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cocktail hour at the reception venue seems better to set up for Iced Tea station since your guests will be having their drinks there.

I have seen bottled water at ceremonies making it easier for the guests to take if they feel thirsty.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I probably would do it at the reception. It could distract guests if set up during the ceremony (ie won't be sitting down on time for the ceremony, people talking, etc).

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would set it up at the reception. My family is emotional to begin with and can become quite clumsy as well. The last thing I would want is anyone spilling anything before pictures plus it is less that you have to make sure is set up before the ceremony and taken down afterwards.

But it is nice to have refreshments for the guests, especially if it is going to be hot.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you anticipate that it’ll be hot, it would be nice for your guests to have the refreshments with them. If you open the bar for the cocktail hour, then you won’t have to worry about your guests having a dry spell

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics