Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Frequent user October 2017 Ontario

I need to vent..

Brittany, on June 15, 2017 at 11:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
On May 29 I was in a car accident that left me without a car and suffering from injuries. I just started a new full time position a month ago after completing college.
Now I am unable to work full time and our wedding is 16.5 weeks away. We would have been able to afford it because of someone else's stupidity. I am suffering wage loss, quality of life and health complications and on top now we won't be able to afford our wedding.
This came at such an awful time and I'm so angry and frustrated and everyone keeps saying well at least you're alive and yes that's amazing and all but I truly am suffering and the stress of not being able to work and letting my company down as well as now going into debt is really getting to me... this isn't the happiest time in my life anymore... PLUS it was my first car and I only got to drive it for 8 months and we can't afford to replace it plus pay for the wedding....

22 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on June 20, 2017 at 22:52
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did! So far no comments Smiley sad but I thought I'd share here with the ladies that expressed interest too
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Start a new group and post the link explaining it
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you sooo much ❤❤❤❤
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ddddooonnne!

I need to vent.. 1
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://www.gofundme.com/brittany-and-tylers-wedding
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://www.gofundme.com/brittany-and-tylers-wedding
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know if you all get posts, but recent update... my job is being given to someone else and they can only accommodate me working 12 hours a week... my doctor said up to 20 and they won't give it to me.... We are going to struggle even more than I ever imagined... I'm heartbroken
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So conflicted because we are having a stag and doe and the original purpose was to celebrate with everyone since our wedding is so small but now we really need the money.... We would've been fine before and now we won't...
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance thinks there are people more deserving than us. He's a very selfless person, and neither of us like asking for help, let alone money. I agree there are people more deserving, but I also think that people are allowed to choose whether they want to help or not so if someone is willing they should be able to...
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They were at fault yes but unfortunately my medical is paid but only 2 days of wages.. not the new part time hours. The settlement process is long and could take two years so its not really in the cards atm
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately it's a brand new job so no benefits or paid time off. I'll get two days paid up to 70% of my wage but won't help for me only able to work part time now unfortunately
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would be wise to start a GOFUNDME. many people will help you out. I am sorry to hear you had an accident and are in such pain and so stressed when this is supposed to be the happiest time of your life. Things will work for the best, just breath and go with the flow of things.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm so so sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine how stressful and terrible that is. I wish you a speedy recovery!Are you eligible for some sort of medical leave through your work or through the governement? Ugh that really sucks I'm so sorry Smiley heart
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear about all that. My dad was in an accident last October and we are dealing with personal injury lawyers and insurance. Make sure you call the right people!
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you eligible for any disability insurance? Can you go after the other party or their insurance for lost wages and other damages? (Assuming that they were fully at fault - I got that from your initial message that they were)

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The worst thing that happens when you set it up is that you only get a little money from it. You could also tell your family and friends about it and ask for help with the wedding instead of wedding gifts. You might be surprised at how much help you get. Smiley smile

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's an amazing idea Bethany, count me in too. I know how difficult it is to save money for a wedding. So let us know.

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's tacky. Don't worry about that.. if it works it works so it can't hurt! If u do it let me know and we'll donate!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our entire wedding is only about $9,000. Our family is helping a little bit. We have $2000 saved already so we need less than $7,000. Is that tacky to do that?? That is amazing of you ❤
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé says start a go fund me page and get the wedding wire community to donate 10 bucks each lol. It's actually not a bad idea!! I know it's an extra stress and you're angry and sad and overwhelmed and every thing else. How much more do u need? Parents aren't able to help out? Don't have a line of credit you could borrow from? Anything? If u set up the go fund me page we'll donate 20 bucks lol
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    She only allows ten weddings per year and she's fully booked for 2018 and I don't want to wait until 2019. Plus I would lose all my deposits so like $2000 we have already spent.... I should be recovered by then to physically attend it's just a matter of being able to save money between now and then because they don't know how long my brain injury will last
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh that sucks. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine how stressful it must be for you. Is there any way you'd be able to postpone the wedding until you're recovered? I know that venues are usually pretty tight on this but considering your situation I think it's fair to ask. Plus you're off season so they should be more flexible.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics