Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

i had my make-up trial

Ashleigh, on July 23, 2018 at 08:39 Posted in Beauty 0 15
I had my make-up trial on Saturday! I don't know a lot about make-up, but I gave her some details about our wedding and I told the artist I trusted her to come up with a timeless bridal look. She did just that. It felt heavy compared to what I'm used to wearing, but I know it'll look good in pictures to have a bit of extra detail. I haven't decided if I'll be wearing my glasses for the wedding 😥 My FH wants me to wear bright red lipstick, which I wear every so often and he loves it. I'd be more comfortable in something less severe though, especially for that long of a day. My mom was hovering around during the trial and she immediately chimed in with a dramatic sigh and said don't wreck your face with red lipstick. 😑😆
I've been treating my skin really well this year, leading up to our wedding. I'm pretty happy seeing the results from using good products and having consistency. My pores are a lot smaller and my combination skin feels well balanced.

MUA: mmmakeupbymorgan

Are you having a make-up trial?

i had my make-up trial 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Marcia, on July 25, 2018 at 21:55
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look beautiful! I love the look. I also like the idea of a softer look for the ceremony and add red lipstick for the reception Smiley smile.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks beautiful! I like other people's idea of being softer for the ceremony and then adding the red lipstick for the reception.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it!

And I agree with Peggy.... Go softer for the ceremony for your mom... and then BAM! pop it with some red lipstick for the reception!

The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick, the colour Matador, it's a stunning, vibrant red.... water-resistant, smudge proof... I wore one of the other shades for my engagement photos last night and after 5 hours and lots of kisses (haha), it was still in perfect shape!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look incredible! Your makeup artist did a fantastic job!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks fantastic!!! love love the look!!!

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having my make up trial today! We are going to do a photo shoot afterwards since my hair and make up will be done already. I think it's better to do the trial early because if you realize you don't like the work by this MUA you still have time to find another one. MUAs get booked up very fast during the summer so it is better to book earlier! I think your make up looks awesome! It does not look heavy at all! Red lipstick would go well with this look as well.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like that idea!
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are beautiful. I think your make up looks great! I'm definitely doing a trial as I've had a bad experience. For our engagement party I went for the make up artist with the best deal... i learned my lesson when she couldn't get 1 of my fake eye lashes on properly. All night i was worried it might fall off. My Bf is a hairdresser and has done several Weddings with my makeup artist so that is great. I'll do a trial for a special day like a Shower. You will make a stunning Bride 👰
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful!

As to lipstick - perhaps wear the lovely colour you have on for the ceremony and photographs, then splash on some bright red for the reception?

• Madge
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Madge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So beautiful! This look is great with the lipstick you have on already.
    if the red lipstick is something you want to add for your fiancé just change it when the dinner is over. It’ll be a new look for the rest of the night.
  • Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm super into this look for you, your skin looks flawless! (I'm a huge makeup/skin care geek, I'd love to know what you're using for your skin!) I think a nice deep red lip would look amazing with this, especially for the evening. I think you gotta go with whatever YOU feel most comfortable in.

Nothin' wrong with a nice nude lip either!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It looks pretty! I am not having a trial, just explained to my MUA what I am thinking of and I trust that she will do it!

But you look so good!
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be doing a trial. I’m heading up about 2 weeks before the wedding to get my hair and makeup trials done the same day. I like the look of the softer lip colour also. But you could always go darker for the reception or just go with a richer and deeper pink if you don’t want to go full red.

Im not looking forward to the heavier makeup feeling as I also don’t wear much now but at least you know it will last the day.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look absolutely beautiful Smiley smile I agree with Tori, I like the pink lipstick. I am planning to have a makeup and hair trial in September and I have a group of armature photographer friends who I will get to take some pictures to see what if I like it.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't decided on who I should go with just yet for a MUA but I for sure will be having at least one trial before the day of! If I go with a friend from highschool (who isn't actually a MUA) then I bet I could also get her to do an evening look as well though. IMO I think the pink lip is perfect for a wedding - very dainty. But what's the harm in adding a red lip for the evening right?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics