Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Curious May 2022 British Columbia

I don't know what kind of wedding I want

Jennifer, on January 5, 2020 at 15:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
My wedding is 5 months away. We have reception booked, ceremony booked, officiant, music, cake and florists in progress but I have no idea what my wedding theme should be. The current colour palette is gold, white, blush and navy blue. Bridesmaids dresses will be a gold colour and I want to incorporate some kind of starry/celestial theme but I don't know what I want in terms of decor. Pinterest is too over the top and it's now so close to wedding I need to figure it out but then I get nervous and think if it's cliche or etc and just overthink on the whole thing. I don't know what to do and everyone is telling me to go with what I want and my fiance says whatever I want but that's the thing I don't know what I want. I have always had a love for stars and stuff and want to incorporate it tastefully but I'm just not a very creative person. I'm lost. If anyone can provide insight that would be great!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on January 9, 2020 at 12:44
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! I'm sure it looked beautiful! ☺️
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly thats what i did and my decor lady ended up giving me MORE decor for cheaper than our budget so i was SUPER SUPER happy. we told her were paying for our wedding ourselves we strapped for money etc etc and she worked out a plan with us and we have SOOO much decor!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea as well! I forget that I can tell a company what I'm looking for and what price range I'm comfortable with😅 thanks for this!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Call a decor company. give them some of the photos you like and ask them what they can create in your budget. i wanted a blingy wedding and my decor lady made it happen within my budget !!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amelia, thanks so much for the advice and I love the guestbook idea as well! You're definitely right about not worrying so much about a theme but just including these details in places throughout. Really helps. Thanks again!🙏🙏🙏
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's very much appreciated! Thank you again! 🙏🙏🙏
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a great photo for an idea thanks for sharing! Yes I think you're totally right not going too overboard is the way to go for sure. Thanks so much for the advice 🙏
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're very welcome! Creative thinking is my way of coming up with solutions to help out.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Allison thanks so much. You're right Pinterest does get a bit overwhelming for me and I didn't think to browse real weddings on here! I will definitely do some browsing. Thanks so much! 🙏
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, I love this idea!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Astrology is the answer for what your theme can be (stars, planets, cosmos, etc.) given the blue in your colour palette. Stars in a jar with lights may be an idea for a centerpiece on the table.

I don't know what kind of wedding I want 1I don't know what kind of wedding I want 2I don't know what kind of wedding I want 3Zodiac signs with blue card stock colour.

I don't know what kind of wedding I want 4Idea suggested with lights with star stickers on the outside.

I don't know what kind of wedding I want 5

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pinterest is great for gathering ideas, but it can get overwhelming and definitely over the top!

You also don't need to have a theme, but you can have celestial elements to your wedding. Maybe you have a signature cocktail called Starry Night, maybe your signage includes constellations on a black/dark background. Keeping it to a few elements will definitely give it a tasteful look, instead of a full-blown theme.

Also try browsing Wedding Wire Real Weddings with your colours (i.e. gold, navy) since it might be less overwhelming than pinterest.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you just do your decor with your colours and put a few star themed items in you will be happy. That way it'll match and you won't be bombarded with the theme. I love the star guest book for everyone to sign (great idea Amelia), I personally think you cant have too many twinkle lights. The place cards with the stars are a nice touch too. A simple centerpiece could be nice too
    I don't know what kind of wedding I want 6
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It doesn't need to be a "theme" but you can use celestial details anywhere you want. Tables named after constellations, gues book (ours from Etsy below), gold and navy and blush in the center pieces. I've seen some cute "too the moon and back" cake toppers too.
    I love Amelia's suggestions about place cards and twinkle lights too!
    I don't know what kind of wedding I want 7
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're very right! Thanks so much for this and the idea. I was thinking twinkle lights too but you're right the key is definitely not to go overboard and if I keep it simple it will be better. Less is more. Thank you so much! Smiley smile
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First, you don't need to have a theme if you don't want to. We're not. But as for working starry/celestial decor in, I would emphasize your navy. I could maybe see doing starry table numbers or place cards (like the photo below), and I feel like a cake artist could do some RAD things with that. Some people have gotten images printed of the sky on the night they're get married and have used that as a guest book. Also, TWINKLE LIGHTS. The key is definitely to not go overboard though. Good luck!

I don't know what kind of wedding I want 8

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics