Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

i don't even know where to start

Jessica, on November 22, 2017 at 01:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I'm 19, marrying the love of my life. His family lives in Mexico mine lives in another province. I don't even know where to start with planning a wedding or how to budget. Help please!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on December 2, 2017 at 23:14
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely follow the to do list! Pick a date that you love and make sure you can have vendors booked. Good luck with the planning!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jessica! Has the advice helped get you started down a path? Are you feeling any less stressed? Have you been able to have any productive conversations with your partner and VIP guests to start piecing together the basics of your wedding plans?

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Glad I can help!! Lean on family for guidance too as much as you can. Don't get stressed, it'll work out Smiley laugh

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay I'll do that. Thank you so much!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Start by looking at the To-Do list that is on here. It can point you in the right direction. Once you have a date and location I would start thinking about the guest list so that you are better informed for your venue search.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! We're planning to do it in British Columbia, as his family won't be able to come up. We're pretty young so it probably won't be for a year or two until we can gather all the money, my parents will help with a bit but his family doesn't have the resources to contribute which I understand. Thank you so much for your help!!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats and welcome to WeddingWire Jessica!!! We have a bunch of great tools and resources to help you with your wedding planning. Make sure to check out the To-Do list in your account under Planning Tools, it's a great step-by-step planning guide!

How to Create a Wedding Budget

How to Build Your Wedding Guest List

7 Wedding Planning Decisions You and Your Partner Should Make Together

We also have some fun community discussions to get you started:

What's your wedding style?

Tell us about (or show us) your proposal!

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I know it can be overwhelming, I felt the same way. We ended up changing our mind from small to big to just us to big again. I guess the first question is WHERE. Are you planning on doing it here or there? That will probably be the first thing. Next go with how much you want to spend, who's paying for it etc. From there, it's a matter of doing the research of calling places and looking at venue (if here), or maybe getting in contact with someone in Mexico that can help arrange there. Oh, and obviously WHEN Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics