Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katt
Beginner June 2022 Alberta

i changed my wedding from fall to summer... i need colour scheme advice

Katt, on February 19, 2021 at 16:24 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 16

As the title says - I changed my wedding date due to the uncertainties of covid and restrictions and 90% of my guests having to travel from out of province.

Originally I was having a fall themed September wedding. My colours - burnt orange bridesmaid dresses and navy blue suits. Sunflower/leaves/fall accents.... but now I've changed my wedding to June 2022. Unfortunately I am stuck with burnt orange bridesmaid dresses because my bridesmaids have already bought their dresses and can't return them, otherwise I would change the colour...

So with that in mind - should i stick with the navy suits still? I feel like that's too dark for a summer wedding. Other options would be a cream,/beige suit or maybe even a grey.

Adding a rustic theme with burlap and sunflowers is something I am adding now to brighten it up a bit, as it will work with the burnt orange... But I need help deciding what to do! I am obviously overthinking things way too early. But I accept this is who I am as a person LOL and I like to prepare early!

I have attached some "theme" and colour schemes to see what everyone thinks. The yellow in the one palette would be considered the sunflowers.

i changed my wedding from fall to summer... i need colour scheme advice 1

Let me know what everyone thinks!! I would really appreciate feedback.

i changed my wedding from fall to summer... i need colour scheme advice 2

i changed my wedding from fall to summer... i need colour scheme advice 3

i changed my wedding from fall to summer... i need colour scheme advice 4

i changed my wedding from fall to summer... i need colour scheme advice 5

16 Comments

Latest activity by Katt, on February 20, 2021 at 17:51
  • Katt
    Katt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ❤
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the navy will still look great, but I also love the photo inspo with the cream suits.

I was in a June wedding with sunflowers and baby's breath and a rustic vibe, so that should also be totally fine for summer! I also agree with the others: color schemes don't need to be season specific. If you love the colors just go with it.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It doesn't matter what colors you go with for your wedding! Whatever colors you choose whether you have a summer wedding or a fall wedding, it's your day and you can have what ever colors you want! My fiance and I are having a summer wedding and our colors are Navy & Gold

• Katt
    Katt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! This is so helpful!! I will let my Fiancee know everything you said.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In addition to getting a proper suit, make sure their dress shirt is a all cotton. A polyester/microfibre shirt is like wearing a shell of plastic around your body. And don't leave out an undershirt. A lot of people think having an undershirt will make them sweat more but a proper thin undershirt helps cool you down and soak up/wick away sweat so your dress shirt won't be messed up. Uniqlo sells airism shirts that are perfect for this. And get t-shirt style shirts. A lot of guys get the tank top style shirt and they're the ones who end up with pit stains!

• Katt
    Katt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! This is very helpful!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sweat won't show through a suit. Even if he gets so wet that it manages to hit through an undershirt and his dress shirt, the lining inside the suit will protect him.

The reason why a lot of people heat up in a suit is because they're not buying proper suits. The cheap stuff off-the-rack are usually mostly made up of polyester and no one can breathe properly in that. Go for a lightweight wool. Alternatively, he can get an unlined suit.

Navy can also vary in colour. Some navy is close to black while others is like a darker royal blue. Shop around.

• Katt
    Katt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I think we are going to stick with Navy Smiley smile
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think navy would be perfectly fine for the summer. I've been to many summer weddings with navy suits. I also think navy suits are way more likely to be used again if your fiancé and the groomsmen plan to buy their suits. I also think beige comes across as more casual so it will change the overall vibe quite a bit.

If you do want to go the lighter route I'd probably go a light grey. It's probably the most versatile of the lighter colours you mentioned and in my opinion the most formal.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It definitely would! Glad I could help!!
  • Katt
    Katt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It would definitely show through the beige. And we don't want that at all LOL! Good point. Thank you!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I only thought about it because I wanted my Fiancé to wear light grey and he said no because of sweat! So we're going with dark grey
  • Katt
    Katt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is true!!! Didn't think of that.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would talk to him! One thing to keep in mind is a darker suit will hide sweat better.
  • Katt
    Katt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think they are both nice as well. I guess I should maybe start with asking my Fiance which he prefers and go from there. He gets hot easily and sweats so I worried about the dark suit in the summer!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally think adding in some sunflowers/yellow tones would help! If you or the groom is set on the navy suits I say keep them! My friend got married in July and the guys wore navy! But I do also think a beige would be nice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics