It shouldn't be it is what it is. This is unacceptable and should be mentioned at the premium option. If you're not computer savvy and you visit a site that says it's not secure. You'll most likely leave the site. Https is free now it should be incorporated, get it together guys. We are planning a wedding and paying for something that we can get for 10$ on word press.
Hi there, I asked out Support Team for more detail on this, and this is the answer I got -
"We currently do not support https website security for custom domains. Please note, the only information requested on WeddingWire wedding websites are guests' names from the RSVP tool and comment forms on the wedding website, if enabled. Any registry purchases are handled through the third party retailer site.
For increased website security, we recommend adding a password with the steps below:
- Login to your WeddingWire account from a computer
- Hover over 'Planning Tools' and click 'Wedding Website'
- In the website editor, click the ‘Settings’ tab
- Scroll down to the ‘Privacy’ section
- Toggle the ‘Password’ switch to on (the switch will be green when on)
- Enter your password in both fields, and be sure the ‘Apply to all sections of the wedding website’ box is checked
Hi, I don’t think so. The “s” on http stands for secure. Since your wedding website does not necessarily need to be secure (like charities, banks, shopping websites) I think it is okay to have it as a regular http. I’m not much help. Sorry!